Sunday Runday: Support for your goals

Support can sometimes make or break an idea. When no one thinks your idea to lose weight, get healthy is attainable, or even realistic, it makes it hard to stay motivated.
Not everyone understood or supported my goal. And the truth is, I wasn't as dedicated...at first. Then when I went balls to the wall following my diet I think I worried some of my friends.
I have had troubles with eating to little and to much before. This time it was important for me to do it and I wanted to do it right. I didn't want to crash diet. Restrictions like that lead to failure and nothing is gained, mentally, emotionally, or physically. It just makes you feel like you like a mess.
And over eating/eating the wrong things was what got me up to 218 on a 5'4" frame. (I keep promising I won't talk numbers, but there I go again) I was eating my feelings. Sad/stressed/angry I ate.
I was across the board. This time, I am dedicated to healthy. To helping it be easy for others.
My husband is an amazing supporter. Those nights after being diagnosed with PCOS it would be late, I would be starving but frustrated because there was NOTHING I could eat! NOTHING!
I would complain and say "It's already 9:30...I'm tired."
He would say "Well, I'll be right there being tired with you."
I ended up eating a crust less pizza bake that I had whipped up. It was good and made me feel so much better.

Here is a link to something like I made. Crustless Pizza

Anyway, flash forward to just this last September and I am prepping for my first 5mile run! (The run that got me to thinking 'yeah! I can totally run 13miles! From 5 to 13...yeah...ONLY AN 8 MILE DIFFERENCE, lol) It was for the zoo run.
I started practicing running hills. I wish I could tell you that I used some type of amazing technique that I read and researched but the truth is...I just started moving. I just made sure that I could keep a steady pace for any duration I was/am running.
That was such an amazing run. One of my favorite. Not just because the weather was right, but because I was running with 3 very supportive people!
My brother and my dad had ran up head (They think they are fast, but really, they just have long legs...don't tell them I said that) and my friend (who had recently taken a break had started to walk about half a mile back.) I was alone...as we often are in our journey of life. I was noticing other runners who had gone up ahead or had decided to walk. All of their stories that brought them here to this day that brought me here.

Thinking of my own story that as I was nearing the water station/half way point and I saw my brother and dad on the other side headed towards the finish. It was one of the coolest moments of the race because as we neared each other my brother stuck out his long arm for me. Then they hollered about my good job, and hooped and hollered! The biggest smile broke my face. We slapped hangs and kept running towards our goal. I was then in turn there for my friend as we crossed paths up towards the finish line.
In life, people will be ahead of you. They will be behind you. Only you can run the race that has been set out before you. Having people support you along your journey is an awesome bonus!
Surround yourself with people who make healthy choices. Who ask questions about your goals. Find tools that will keep you going...like this awesome website - instamotivation
No one can want this but you. I know you can do it. I did. 75lbs. It doesn't matter how long it takes you, it just matters that you stick to it. It was not easy, but it has been so worth it.

Hebrews 12:1 Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us


Comments

Anonymous said…
You rock!