The I'm not Judging you Post, but you are judging you.

Do you think we are our own worst critics?
We get down on ourselves for not doing things perfectly, for not following EVERY LAST stinkin' thing we are "Suppose" to be doing on our diet. It's hard. It's SO HARD! I totally get it.
It reminds me of Elizabeth Gilbert in her book Eat Pray Love

She was trying to dedicate a portion of her trip to meditating. But once she got down, established her plan, and began meditating...she started thinking about how she would dedicate a room in her own place to meditation. How she would decorate the room and how much space, and color, and blah, blah, blah. Then she got mad at herself because she wasn't concentrating. She wasn't focusing on her task to clear her mind and focus her thoughts. 

Well last night wouldn't you know it? I got book checked by Jesus again. I was CRAVING popcorn. Delicious buttery popcorn. The most transfatty kind you could possibly imgaine. Oh I popped it alright. I got about two handfuls in when, the mis-step happened. One, two, BOOM! All over the floor to my doggie girls instant delight. 'Yum mom! Thanks!'
UGHHH!!!!!!! I was stressed. I was tired. I had taken on to much in the day and I decided to not walk the walk and conquer my craving! Oh I was hell bent on having more though...sadly to say I popped another bag. A healthy classic white with sea salt kind...so better-ish on caloric intake but terrible for carbs & sugars :( Never justify it. Just move on (I should have had vegetables instead or more protein, or MORE WATER)

Both of these instances reminds me of a bible verse that I am sure everyone can relate to. Romans 7 starting at verse 15 (from Bible Gate Way)
15 I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do. 16 And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law is good. 17 As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me. 18 For I know that good itself does not dwell in me, that is, in my sinful nature.[c] For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. 19 For I do not do the good I want to do, but the evil I do not want to do—this I keep on doing. 20 Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it. 21 So I find this law at work: Although I want to do good, evil is right there with me. 22 For in my inner being I delight in God’s law; 23 but I see another law at work in me, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within me. 24 What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body that is subject to death? 25 Thanks be to God, who delivers me through Jesus Christ our Lord!

We are not alone when it comes to suffering from occuping thoughts and losing our focus. From Wanting to do what is right but still end up doing wrong. 
I am only 1 year into a Low Carb and a Gluten Free Diet. Why did I think I would have it worked out so perfectly in a day? In a week? In less than a year??
The truth is there's another old clique that's true! Rome wasn't built in a day, and anything worth wanting in this life doesn't come easy. We have to fight for it. 

Maya Angelou, has a great quote that fits this just so perfect day. "When we know better, we do better."
And Joyce Meyer (both outstanding women) "We reserve the right to get smarter."

So-time to refocus. Okay! Messed up with the popcorn, plan today? Usual breakfast of 2 egg whites with an apple and peanut butter (Nut better is better, but I buy a low carb kind-impacts my sugars less.) Two Turkey Burgers with cheese (Jeeze fatty), vegetables. Veggie Fries (So yummy! Low Carb, Low sugar) And tonight's recipe will be show cased tomorrow! I can't wait to try it and show it to you guys. 

Re-focus. Elizabeth Gilbert kept trying to meditate until she got where she needed to. She refocused her energies and dedicated her meditation time, her prayer time to a dear friend of hers.
Who are you dedicating your time to? To you? For your Kids? Even calling on God meditating on his word can help you refocus where you should be.
If not for anyone else, you have to do it for you. You are worth it. I know it. 

God knows it best.  



 

Comments

Anonymous said…
We all slip up and just have to pick it up and start again! Veggie fries?? Sounds yum!