Woman Crush Wednesday: Iron Woman

I know it probably seems like my entire blog is one giant Woman Crush Wednesday about Iron Woman...come to think of it, it almost makes me feel like Watson of Sherlock and Holmes.
The BBC version where Watson writes the blog about solving some of their cases, except I'm blogging about our running adventures.

Anyway, today I want to talk about why she's my woman crush Wednesday of the Week.

Not only is Iron Woman an all around general BA (bad a$$) but she has this amazing soft side too. She loves pushing herself to the next limit, with every race, every event adding on that little bit extra to push ourselves to do more. (Although we've recently discovered we need to push ourselves to lift more, lol--different story--different day.) The most recent ante up? Rally in the Valley of Fire. While it's really more just a topic we're kicking around, it's not off or on the table yet.

Mostly today though, is about who she is outside of racing and outside of her fitness goals. Iron Woman is always striving to better herself. She graduated with a Masters Degree right after finishing her Bachelor's Degree, she didn't even take a beat, just kept trucking. Somehow between racing, working full time, being a wife and a dog mom, she also finds time to volunteer.

When she was going to school she used to play the flute for hospice patients. After school she volunteered to be a care taker for a house bound patient. She did their grocery shopping, meal cooking, she's even on occasion stopped and picked up food from a restaurant for them. Within the last few years, she's gone on to run a support group for care takers and patients dealing with Alzheimer's.

She has a compassion in her heart for the disabled and the dying. Not only that but just a few weeks ago, her and her husband volunteered to help put a playground together for her hubby's home town grade school.



I don't brag about the people I know to show who I am or who I know. I write about the women who inspire me to be a better woman, wife, Christian, and in Iron Woman's case, to be a volunteer, period. LOL I wish I had more time to give, but I know that I can give in other ways besides my time. Money is always helpful, especially with half the country being on fire and the other half under water (Check out Forbes for more ways to Support Victims of Hurricane Harvey. Also check out the Red Cross for Disaster relief for Hurricane Irma, Oregon Wildfire Relief. Montana Public Radio for info on Wildfire relief). So is giving of my goods. Donating my gently used items to people who might need them, not just in a different state from me, but in this state.  You can donate blood. I've donated my hair to Pantene for Beautiful Lengths.

It seems like everything is a mess right now, and what we all need to is try and get through it together.


Thank you Iron Woman for being the kind of woman who works hard, plays harder, and inspires us all to help one another.
Blessings Everyone,
A

Who inspires you? What ways have you donated? Volunteered? I need to know, I need more ideas or ways to help!

Comments