Woman Crush Wednesday

This week’s Woman Crush Wednesday is in honor of a dear friend. We rode the crazy infertility train together for about 3 or 4 years. She knows every blood draw, needle prick, and doctors appointment I’ve ever had. We pray together, we laugh together, we drink together.

I won’t name her out right as she really loves her privacy, but I will simply call her friend.


The reason she is my Woman Crush Wednesday is because she reminds me what is really important. Taking a deep breath and thanking the Lord for the good things; that it's okay to be angry about the frustrating things, but quite simply for reminding me to continually find Joy.

It’s her motto in life I think. Joy. Sweet Joy.

She also reminded of a very important lesson recently. Sometimes from pain, comes Joy.

I had wanted to desperately turn the page on a recent chapter of my life, but I was finding it near impossible. Running into the same people, or rather knowing people who know people. Hard not to do that in the town we live in. Luckily it’s not THAT small, but it is definitely a 6 degrees of Kevin bacon situation. Everybody knows somebody, who knows somebody, who knows somebody.

It can be frustrating, but it occurred to me, that had I not stepped out in faith, tried a new church, gone through fertility treatments the same time my friend was, then we might not have connected like we did. I wouldn’t have met the most beautiful soul. She’s not afraid to be real, at least not with me. She doesn’t judge me. I never feel like I have to second guess myself when I’m with her. From this unfortunate journey I met my friend. A good friend as well as a Godly woman. 

I was struggling because this new place/occurrence in my life I was debating if I should keep trying or if I should move on? This new place I have found myself at associates loosely with people I used to know. 
Will the new people judge me? Should I care? More importantly, if I don't take the chance to get to know them, continue to go, will I miss out on some great opportunities for Joy?


This week my friend is my Woman Crush Wednesday because she reminds me to never give up. Find the joy from the pain, and definitely drink that extra glass of wine, because life is too short. 
Whether she’s reminding me of God’s perfect love, her constant prayers for me, or we’re crusin’ for margaritas before hitting up Goodwill, I’m blessed to know her.  

God Gave Me You Friend.
Blessings, 
A

Comments