Monday Motivation! Halloween Edition

First things first... the desires of my heart so badly wanted to do sit and do nothing as soon as I got home. I ignored those desires and cleaned house, packed my bags for the gym tomorrow. I'm in the process of prepping breakfast. Mornings tend to go faster when all I have to do is heat up breakfast for a minute or two.
The only "bad" thing I did...ate brownie batter until my teeth hurt from the sugar. Don't worry, there was enough for a full pan. Which I will, I WILL, cut up put in a freezer bag and save for when I have a hankering.

Friday night we had Mexican and while delicious too salty for my 10 mile run on Saturday morning. This Friday's goal will be to find the perfect pre-run meal, the night before and the morning of! I did reach my primary goal of a healthy recovery meal Saturday and Sunday after the Hot Cider Hustle. Eggs plus tons of vegetables, I did feel pretty good the rest of the day! Right up until I had a fist full of sugar and then I crashed.



Sugar is fine...just in moderation. I have zero self control when it comes to sugar. I imagine most of you know this about me already. For now I'm just trying to moderate how much I am eating. Hence, the spoonful of batter followed by promptly baking them and stuffing them deep in the freezer for emergencies.

But! The real reason you are all here today is to see my Halloween Playlist!

I have a crazy mix of music for a short run, but it works for a decent workout as well, topping at 1hr 7 minutes plenty of time to get you warmed up and ready to trick or treat, OR run a 5k. You be the judge of your movements.

1. Main Title of Game of Thrones, not exactly "Halloween"y but just thinking of John Snow slaying some white walkers kind of does put me in the mood to pretend to be a warrior. Slayer of Walkers! Hunter of Zombies!


2. This is Halloween -- this one pretty much explains it self.

3. Poor Unfortunate Soul - This. Song. Is. Amazing. YOU HAVE TO LISTEN TO IT! It's a mashup of Ursula's poor unfortunate soul as well as Hocus Pocus - I put a Spell on you. It's a slow, measured, a cappella ballard that will have you belting right along with the words...no talent required. You'll feel amazing. The video is as enchanting as the song.

The next few songs, are really just fun titled songs, that have a vague Halloween connection. You'll see what I mean when I list the songs below. Each song is heart pumping a designed to make you want to dance, move, lift. Whatever fits your fancy.

4. Ghost - Ella Henderson
5. Ghost Town - Adam Lambert

6. Thriller - no Halloween play list is complete without this song. The song is shorter than the video but it's a classic, you just gotta!


7. Poison - Alice Cooper
8. Bat of Hell - Meat Loaf
9. Secret - The Pierces - this one is haunting and is an intro for a popular TV Show Pretty Little Liars. It's gothic, quirky, and...spooky.



10. Dark Horse - Katy Perry
11. Burn - Ellie Goulding
12. Stitches - Shawn Mendes
13. Black Magic Woman - Santana
14. (Don't Fear) The Reaper - Blue Oyster Cult
15. Wild Things - Alessia Cara
16. Candyman - Zedd
17. Burnin' Up - Jessie J (This one is slightly inappropriate for younger children but it's heart pumping.)
18.  Stop, I'm Already Dead - Deadboy & The Elephantmen I fell in love with this song while watching IZombie




You can find my playlist by clicking the link above, otherwise I pulled all of these off of YouTube :)
I hope you enjoy this as much as I do.
Happy Haunting!
Blessings,
A

Comments