I think I'll explain my diet today. I'm hoping in the future to post recipes on Thursdays but this first Thursday (say that 6x really fast) I'd like to explain my diet.
I have Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, basically what that means or is That I have an imbalance in my female sex hormones. Which leads to irregular cycles, acne, difficulty losing weight, there are a multitude of other symptoms but those are my main ones that I suffer from.
I have armed myself with books and research. My goal is to go see an actual nutritionist next month and see what they have to say. To improve or modify my diet better.
The truth is no one has one perfect fix all, cure all diet. I have PCOS, so my diet looks drastically different than someone who doesn't or someone who has a protein issue.
Through my own personal research and experience I've discovered I feel prime on a gluten free, low soy/dairy/carb diet. I also have to watch my sugar...I'll just say, some days are better than others.
I found a website (if you are interested for more info) that is the general guideline for what I follow. But the atkins/paelo diet seems to work best for me.
http://www.pcosnetwork.com/articles/dieting-weightloss/pcos-and-diet/
I love pinterest! It has some amazing recipes!! Lots of them geared toward my diet needs and restrictions.
One particular tool that saved my life (not literally) is the My Fitness Pal App. Its free and it keeps track of my carbs and sugars so I can be TOTALLY LAZY and not do math.  Having tools like this for your diet is just another thing we can arm ourselves with trying to keep track of our goals.
Here's a screen shot of just one of the things the app can do. (Try not to judge to harshly...I had a lot of vegetables, but I also had a lot of chocolate :/ )
Do yourself a favor. Take the easy road!! Creating an empowering lifestyle change is so hard, SO HARD. It takes 21 days to make something a habit and only 3 days to wreck it. Life is stressful, things come up, some days you just wake up feeling like a rotten can of busted bisquits (fat AND ugly, what an amazing combination! Whatever did I do to deserve such a treat from the negative fairy?)
Make it simple. What keeps you motivated? Putting out your workout gear the night before? Building snack options into your day? (Can't wait to start posting yummy, healthy, delicious snacks!)
You can do this! Find the one thing that helps you.
That's all for today. Happy Reading!


Comments