Mindful Mondays: Rest Days and Knowing your numbers



The all important rest day. Truth is, this last week was my first full week back into training for a dualthon that I am participating in, in April.
While I'm very excited about the event and am training whole heartedly its important, even during training to rest.
Its as basic as Genisis 2:2

On the seventh day God had finished his work of creation, so he rested from all his work.

I trained pretty well this week, but our bodies need time to heal, to rejuvenate.
I have however decided to start meditating on Mondays. I believe it will help me set my focus for the day. Remind me that even though I am not physically pushing my limits that I am setting my intention for health today. To be aware of what I eat and to set the rhythm for a peaceful and joyful day. (Hopefully. Its still early).

All those chores I encouraged you to ignore...well those need to get done. Luckily I tackled a few here and there but folding of needs to be done...that can be peaceful, right? RIGHT??
I usually sneak chores in during commercial breaks. I also sort of accomplish little tasks throughout the week. For instance, I always do the dishes when I'm making breakfast in the morning. Except Fridays/Saturdays because 6am comes way to quickly these days.

I will update you tomorrow on the type of meditation I did and for how long. (I'm shooting for a simple cross legged pose for 3mins. Provided my dog doesn't think sitting that long on the floor means play time. I plan to use a combination of phrases to work with my inhale, exhale. Let Go, Be Calm, Enjoy Peace. First words you inhale second words you exhale)

Onto the second part of this post. Knowing your numbers/being beautiful.

A lot of women associate a number on the scale with beauty. Its an absolute lie and this particular lie should be taken out back and shot. There is a general guideline for your BMI. I'm shooting to be at the top of mine. Talk to your doctor to find out what goal you should shoot for. For my height someone of 5'4" needs to be anywhere between 115-145...depending on the BMI chart you use. I personally feel that you don't need to be skinny to be beautiful. I am however training to be fit and I am aiming for muscle definition in my training. I feel this will help me feel more beautiful (and controlling this freaking PCOS related acne. Ugh!!)

Here are two pictures of women who are each a size 10. You can't tell me they don't look phenomenal.



Then this photo of all women, of varying heights but the same weight number?

That's why its important to know YOUR numbers and not someone else's. 
One of my favorite verses of the bible, relating to beauty is found in first 1 Peter Chapter 3, verses 3 and 4 NLT

Don’t be concerned about the outward beauty of fancy hairstyles, expensive jewelry, or beautiful clothes. You should clothe yourselves instead with the beauty that comes from within, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is so precious to God.

Do we have to be 'industry style perfect' to be beautiful?




I think perfection is overrated.



Be the fit warrior God is calling us to be! Meditate on 1 Peter 3:3-4. See what the definition of beauty means to you. Not your world. But you and God. You might find your expectations daunting. Be fit. Find what fit and beauty mean to you.

Stay motivated today.

Comments