Stronger

My meditation yesterday went really well. I sat crossed legged on the floor for about 6mins. Just concentrating on my breath. Breathing in a long exhale and breathing out a long exhale. I used the words Let Go, Be Calm, Find Peace. 1st word as the inhale and 2nd word as the exhale.
Meditation doesn't have to be just breathing or finding your energy. Meditating can also be prayeful time.
One of my FAVORITE bible verses is Philippians 4:8

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things.

When you close your eyes and concentrate on bible verses, on pureness, on light, anything good, on words of goodness that is meditation.
So often we get caught up thinking we aren't good enough, we aren't strong enough, we can't say no to sugar, we can't do certain excersises...whatever your excuse is, is just negative space taking up your thoughts.
Controlling those negative thoughts when trying to become fit are so hard! That's why we set the intention of the day with our breath. Breath in a bible verse, your favorite prayer. It's amazing what you can accomplish (Like not eating the M&M's I have a secret stash off on my rest day...It's not good to cheat on a day of rest...sets a bad tone for the day. Get's me started on a negavtive hate train.)

On Tuesdays I cross train and do two classes (Please don't feel like you have to go Mad House on me and start doing 2 or 3 classes a day! Remember where I started? Once around the block...you only have to do one 30min excerise a day that's it...well...start there anyway)

At my gym there is a class called CXWorx it's through the Les Mills Program,
I personally LOVE these classes. It's a concentrated amount of time on your abs but it transforms your whole body. I included a video here so you can get a basic Idea of what a class looks like. However you can only do these classes in a gym.
The website above will help you locate where you can find a place that offers these classes.
My gym also offers yoga classes. I LOVE YOGA! Just in case you have been living under a rock...I also included a link to describe what yoga is. It's a great way to tone and stretch your muscles. Whether you like the idea of drawing in the breath and paying attention to your chakra's is a great way to relax your mind and
ork your body.
I often use my yoga time at the gym to thank God for the movement in my body and breath in my lungs. I have two powerful legs, two strong arms, and that can move this body. I can feel my muscles becoming stronger.
Fitness is a journey. It is not a one stop shop, make me hot kind of deal. It is a committment between you and yourself.
If you don't get to know you, and like you, who else will? You have to learn to love yourself first. The better you take care of yourself the more able you are to take care of those around you. Especially if you are strong and healthy, think of all the things you can accomplish when you love who you are as a person. You'll want to do more, volunteer more. Be seen more. Feel more beautiful.

Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through him who strengthens me.

You can do this. Train Hard. Build the strength you know you have. 





Comments