TV Workouts

I'm not sure what your temperatures look like outside but ours are sort of hovering around frigid.
On days like today, it's hard to even WANT to leave the house to go to the gym. (I did today but...some days I don't want to) It's too cold, I don't want to unlayer, change shoes, change back, come home...I swear it adds 10 extra minutes to my routine. 10 minutes I already don't have.

On days like today...brrr. I am not sure if I have shared with you...well what my husband calls my obsession for TV.
I LOVE TV.
I am more of a Sci-fy girl I tend to watch shows like Haven, The Walking Dead, Supernatural, Teen Wolf...I also have my guilty pleasures. For instance, I also enjoy watching Pretty Little Liars.

 Not very long ago at the gym I got caught in a Harry Potter Marathon. It was a Saturday afternoon and the weather was a bit chilly and the data limit on my phone was quickly rising. I didn't have enough space to listen to music and do my entire workout.
I started flipping through channels, landed on Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows Part 1.
My 45min routine turned into a 75min routine. I was lucky to leave when I did...God only knows I would have been vertical all the next day if I had kept mindlessly pumping out squats and bicep curls for the rest of the movie.
(I left during a commerical break)

So, if you have extra time for a movie or if it's to dang cold outside to get you movitaed to go to the gym. Bring the gym to you!
And do it while you watch your favorite shows. (I prefer re-runs because then I don't actually miss anything. Otherwise if you are using your DVR you end up rewinding and doing an extra set of lunges. I LOATHE lunges, entirely!)

Here are some awesome at home workout routines, in NO particular order..








2 Timothy 2:5 An athlete is not crowned unless he competes according to the rules..



Comments

Anonymous said…
That is hysterical!! Love it!