Psalm 127:2 Sleep is important too

I'm having one of those major hypocritical weekends. Where I talk a good  game about working out, staying committed, and being mindful of your goals. Telling myself, "It's okay, I don't really need to work out that bad" Even though I'm suppose to be TRAINING for a duathlon at the end of April. I was a total hypocrite and I apologize, majorly!

Shaking my head. I haven't done any sort of physical activity since Thursday. It's been a crazy few days. I even had the gall to tell my friend "I didn't have time".
DOG-GIE, did she call me out! "You know I read a blog post the other day!That talked about that exact subject."

I'm intimated to because a great friend of mine has been working out like a beast and making these amazing choices for her health and I've been sidelined for some honestly poor planning, general tiredness, and my CRAZY OLD DOG who wants to get up 2 times a night!! (Okay...some of those might be excuses.)

However, I'm going to practice self love this weekend, and not go totally negative Nancy in my head about what I haven't done. Instead I'm going to remember the difference between being dedicated and knowing what my body can and can't handle.
I know it's hard to push myself, when I've only had 4 hours of sleep. I'm not helping myself by depriving myself of the rest I need to do better tomorrow.

Psalm 127:2 " It is useless to get up early and stay up late in order to earn a living. God takes care of his own even while they sleep."

I will do my best to plan better this week. I will give it my all. Tomorrow, I have only two activities I am committed to but I know I will have had enough sleep to have an amazing workout.
I'm going to lift and run! I'm also going to stretch because I so need it. But most importantly I am going to get the rest this weary wandered needs tonight.

The point is to get back on the horse and do it again tomorrow.



I will NOT wait till next week to do better, I will NOT make poor choices about dinner because I am tired, I WILL do better.

Proverbs 3 talks about using using common sense and sound judgement. How it will help you to lead a long and beautiful life.

I won't make excuses about my crazy (yet awesome weekend). But I am also not going to beat myself up for the important choices I made.
In a Fitness Friday Post I talked about things that can and can't wait in order to exercise.
Here's another list of things that can't wait for you to exercise:

1. Sleep/Rest when you NEED it.
2. Your amazing friend from grade school's bachelorette night
3. Time with friends who listen to you empty your heart
4. Window shopping with an out of town friend (Walking counts as exercise yes? I also tired on 3 really goofy dresses which I got a great laugh out of...that's also exercise & good for your soul.)
5. Time with family

Proverbs 3:24 "If you lie down, you will not be afraid; when you lie down, your sleep will be sweet"

Rest well Friends. Tomorrow is another day.

Comments