Wordy Wednesday Excuses

Please excuse my absence for the last two days! It was just two of the most crazy jammed packed minute to minute packed days. Today doesn't look like much of a let up either.
I'm up early though getting ready for a marketing event and wanted to try and sneak in a quick post.

The truth is though, I haven't much felt like working out lately. It doesn't matter what I told myself. My lazy committee has been loud. Here's a fun lie the committee came up with yesterday "you don't really need to work out."

I have been a little concerned lately about becoming to skinny. That has to be weird right? I mean I like my curves and we're all built differently so my brain has decided to that I apparently don't 'need' to work out.

This to is also lie that your brain will tell you. You have to find the truth among the lies. My truth? I just need to shift my focus.

Yesterday after listening to the lies I just went to the gym. I pushed through the fog and the lack of motivation and just went. Instead of doing my usual routine I went to an RPM class instead of yoga. I even signed up for a different set of classes to attend the next 6 weeks.

I picked up a lifting class and switched my biking and yoga days. I'm excited about it! It helps to have a schedule to look forward to. Unfortunately, I can't start the new schedule until April! One more week, one more week. I'll be glad when my schedule goes back to normal and I am not adjusting my hours at work to accommodate everything else.

I need to refocus my time, my efforts, and put my mind to my health first. Every decision I make should reflect what I think will bring me joy and happiness and not bog me down!

Do what Nike says and 'Just Do It'. Push past all those excuses and lies and just do it. Go to those classes. Find the reason that keeps you going. I'm trying to remember the important things that will keep me going through this crazy busy week...I know I'll get to sleep in on Sunday & provided the weather is nice, I might just actually be able to go for a good run. Now those are happy thoughts.

Isaiah 40:29 "He gives power to the faint, and to him who has no might he increases strength"





Comments