Hmmm, now what? Bonus Recipe!

I planned to have this epic post about my awesome meeting with my new nutrition counselor, but unfortunately she had to reschedule for next week. So...now what?
I am still stuck. Hungry but still don't know what to eat. Am I suppose to be eating strictly low carb? Or does it need to be more of low glycemic diet? Can I have gluten sometimes or should I be strictly gluten free? SO MANY QUESTIONS! (I already hear my sisters voice, 'write your questions down!')

I take heart in knowing that this isn't the most stressed out I've ever been though. Thing happen, life happens, so I don't really have anything to worry about between now and then, right? Just keep doing what I've been doing. High protein, lots of vegetables, and some fruit. Not going to lie, I am totally pumped for Easter! I already have my gluten free ingredients for the cake and cookies I am planning to make.

Now that I think of it, I should probably tell you there's a good chance I won't be posting on Sunday. My apologies. I have a feeling we'll be super busy with family stuff. Tell you what though... I do plan to make a super fun breakfast for the Man and I Sunday morning. I'll post a picture of it. It's definitely low carb. It will involve eggs and bacon, and a few vegetables. And it may be in the shape of a bunny...let's see if I can nail it!!

I went to body pump this morning. I ate a TON of vegetables today! Which reminds me! Here's a bonus recipe for today...

In case you're feeling fun or adventurous, or have been thinking about trying something Vegan then definitely try this recipe! In honor of my Friday night guest, I made her a vegan dinner.
We had Spaghetti Squash and Bean Balls for dinner.
It's a labor intensive meal to prep but it's worth it. And it's easy to put together. 


I pulled it from ohsheglows.com you can find the recipe here
The pictures on her blog are way better then the ones I have. She also has REALLY great directions!
It's worth a look.

But here was my plate

The bean balls actually look like meatballs! They have great consistency. And no joke, are SUPER easy to make.

I make the squash by cutting a spaghetti squash down the middle then carefully removed the seeds with a fork. Cover all sides in olive oil and place on a broiling rack to cook skin side up for 25mins at 400 degrees, then flip them and cook for another 25mins.

During the cooking phase I prepped my meatballs and put my sauce on the stove top to heat. (I just used store bought sauce, any kind will do. I LOVE tomato and basil. That is my favorite.) Then I started on the bean balls.

Ingredients:

  • 3/4 cup walnuts, finely chopped and toasted
  • 3/4 cup gluten-free rolled oats, processed into a coarse flour
  • 1 cup shredded carrot
  • 1/2 cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
  • 1/3 cup fresh basil leaves, finely chopped
  • 2-3 tablespoons finely chopped oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes (about 2 large)
  • 3 large garlic cloves, minced
  • 1 (15-ounce) can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
  • 2 tablespoons ground flax + 3 tbsp water, mixed
  • 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
  • 1 teaspoon dried oregano
  • 3/4 teaspoon fine grain sea salt, or to taste
  • Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
  • 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
I mixed my oats in a blender then put into a large bowl. I then blended the walnuts and beans (one at a time) in the blender and added that to my oat flour mixture. (I skipped the tomatoes, and carrots. And used black beans instead of kidney beans.)
In a separate bowl, it is best to mix the ground flax and water as it will turn into an egg like consistency. This is what vegans use for eggs. A flax egg!
Once the mixture is set (no more than 20 seconds) add it plus the rest of your seasonings to the bowl. I mixed mine with my hands then shaped into golf-ball sized balls. (Her balls look better than my balls, hehe, snicker, snicker) 
We probably got about 15-18 balls out of our mixture. Placed them on a baking sheet and cooked at 350 degrees for 10minutes.

They came out perfect. They held their shape very well. I definitely felt like I had nailed this recipe! (Adjusted for my own taste buds and preferences of course.) Go to her site and check out the full recipe and pictures, it's really worth it.

Don't be afraid to try something new! That's half the fun in the adventure! Fitness should be a journey. It's a great way to discover yourself and what you like.

You know that awesome feeling of falling in love with someone or something? When it's a good experience you look to discover new things about this person or this subject matter. Falling more and more in love with it. You become passionate about the thing that you love. Then you want to share it with others. Which leads to weddings, or blogs. (Get it? I fell in love with fitness so I started a blog...I bet that joke was only funny to me.) But become passionate about what you love!!!







Are we always going to get it right? NOPE!! I can't tell you how many #NailedIt but actually #FailedIt attempts I have had before I finally found something that worked for me. For my body. Or recipes that I liked let alone, got my man sized picky eater to eat.

You can do this! Be kind and patient with yourself. This is an amazing journey and you will gain so much knowledge from it.

Blessings everyone, I will post again tomorrow for exercise Tuesday! Training hard core tomorrow. The plan is to run 1.5 miles, bike 10, then run another 1.5. And it all starts at 7:30am! ANNNDDD I get to work tomorrow! Until 9! Wawho! Lucky me. LOL

Enjoy everyone. Step out of your comfort zone, try something new, believe in yourself.



Comments