Stressed and Under Control

My apologies for not posting yesterday. It was a crazy day! One of our kitties, who I refer to as 'Our indefinite house guest' has been sick. I got worried because she has become our adopted fur child. She's 18. What can they do? Plus, I tend to be a high anxiety person so...one thought leads to another. It was a bad morning.

Usually when faced with stressed we turn to food. Chocolate, chips...or just more of whatever is on our plate.

I can proudly say I CONQUERED it yesterday! I didn't result to losing myself in ice cream. (Although I did have some ice cream, but it was one whole serving size...of two different kinds, but I had LOTS of vegetables, and water.) It was a great feeling.

I realized that it has become a little easier to make healthy decisions then when I first started. When making choices I ask myself, will this be helpful or harmful for my PCOS? Remember your event coming up! Will this help you for the event? Remember Easter is coming! You are planning on having cake and cookies (gluten free of course) this can wait.

Well, everything turned out okay. Our furry house guest, just had ear mites. Bad ones! But easy enough to get cleaned out. She's also a main coon so, her hair has become long, and matted. They hacked it off at the vets office, but she has to feel SO much better. When hubby came home, she couldn't wait to snuggle up in his arms and just glare at me...I think it has to do with the fact that I am the one who had to take her up to the vet for the torturous event. Well, that and the HUBBY is her favorite human.

Today was a good diet day. Trying to hit max calories while eating low carb. All I want to do is maintain my weight, control my PCOS, and NOT HAVE ACNE.

A clean eating diet is the best way to help with any fitness goal. I have been blessed that my fridge has been full lately! One of the things that's been sitting in there though is a head of cauliflower.

What to make? Cauliflower pizza? Mashed? Rice?

I don't know about you but in times of stress, easier, is simpler. Simpler is better & a lot less stressful.
I picked the simplest recipe. Relatively cheap. Only two(ish) ingredients.

I picked Cauliflower rice. I haven't ever really been a fan of cauliflower but the variations that people have been literally RAVING about had me really wanting to use what I had in my fridge. Finally.

Ingredients:
1 head of cauliflower
2 Tbsp of olive oil
Your choice of seasonings (This is the where the ish comes in. Because you can always leave it plain)

It's done in 10-15minutes start to finish, and only 4 steps!


 Step 1: Have Cauliflower. (LOL just kidding, step one is chop it up into pieces)

 Step 2. Boil chopped cauliflower for 5mins.

 Step 3. Toss boiled or steam cauliflower in blender, pulse until chunks are small like rice.

Step 4. Put two tbsp of olive oil in a pan. Then throw in cauliflower to saute for 5mins. I added salt, pepper, and garlic. 
(Technically there are 5 steps) Step 5. Enjoy! It was so good! It really was worth it.Totally #nailedit! This recipe was perfect!
 I normally have detested cauliflower in the past. Which is kind of dumb if you think about it. It's like broccoli, but white. I don't know. My sister used to joke I'd only put "golden things" in my body. I always preferred peaches over pears, cheddar over mozzarella.
I'm sure there's some psychological business in there somewhere.


Either way, I would definitely say give it a try! It was amazing, and I am looking forward to having it again tomorrow for lunch.

On a side note, I do have to say giving up bad carbs is HARD! You have to do what is right for you and your body. One benefit I noticed tonight after eating the cauliflower rice was that there hasn't been any familiar punishing side effects of what white rice usually gave me, such as heart burn and that familiar bloated feeling. (In case your wondering I used to always add cheese or soy sauce, or butter to my rice to make it more colorful).

Find the diet that works for you. I am still waiting to talk to my nutrition counselor. I can't wait to tell you all about it. Only a few more days now. Keep pushing. Stress is a part of life, but remember that four cadberry eggs will only make you hate yourself when it comes to making decisions for your health.
Some days, you can totally eat a Cadberry egg, but not 4. Not everyday. I will try to find a clean eating recipe for this...oh wait...here you go! Paleo reeses!

Until then! I will see you another day.

Comments