Training Day

Today was our official last major training session before our event on Sunday.
Holy Ca-noly, I hit a wall around mile 8 on the bike ride. I chose not to use one of those cliff shots before I hopped on the bike. I wanted to see how I would do without the extra sugar umph.
At my nutrition meeting last night I asked her what would be the best thing to eat or take during the event. Totally forgot she said raisins! And to pick up some G2 cubes as though also contain electrolytes and won't mess with my blood sugar level to much.
So at some point this week I need to go shopping for that, on top of working, and attending a wedding. Oy vey! Life, right?

Boy did I feel like a warrior though. We ran just over two miles, biked 12, and than ran another 2! Nothing like pumping that out first thing in the morning only to turn around and go to work.
I don't say this to brag. Wait...okay, I mostly don't say it to brag. How in the heck does someone dedicate that much time to training? To fitness? To healthy goals?
You just have to want it. You don't find time, you make time. That's when you know you are truly 100% making these healthy decisions for you.

You don't have to do an event just to feel like a warrior. You can do a head stand, you can lift 100lbs, you can walk around the block once! Just once! What makes you feel strong and healthy? Make decisions based on how you WANT to feel not how you actually feel!

It's the same with positive energy or smiling. If you are having a crappy day, seek out something that makes you laugh! Don't seek out more negative behavior. (It's hard to do, I know.)

After the energy crash I really did crash though! LOL! Oh goodness. Just toppled RIGHT OVER on my bike after our 12 miles were up. Luckily, I didn't hurt myself to bad. I didn't even need advil! LOL.





(Fixing the bike)

The point is, we gain wisdom from experience. We fall, we crash. We pick up, we try again, and we keep going. We keep pushing until we fall again. That is life, but we get better by each experience we have.
All this practice we are doing before the race is prepping us to do amazing come race day. To show everyone that we dedicated, took time, and practice what we were preaching. I'm still so very nervous! It will be my biggest event thus far. (In the 3 years I've been running.) I keep telling myself it is only training for tough mudder next year, lol!!! Eek! I think I can, I think I can.
Wait, smaller goals...training for my half in September. Wooh! Much better. Almost got ahead of myself.

I am telling you, you can do this!
I went from 218 and barely being able to walk around the block to 78lbs down and participating in a duatholon.

There is hope. Keep going, keep pushing, keep doing!

Endurance, wear it like makeup.

Blessings everyone!

Comments