Gluten Free Dinner & Dessert

I overslept today. Missed the gym. Finished cleaning up the house and realized it was 15mins till the next class time started, I wasn't really in the mood to go.
Who says I have to go to a class, that class? Who says what success looks like though, right?


I'm not really on a workout schedule yet, but I know I need to work out at least 30minutes a day to maintain my weight/insulin resistance. I should start saying "I get to workout!" Turns a negative into a positive.

Anyway, instead of going to a class at my gym I decided to do some power yoga instead. It was good. Probably not the best workout I've ever had but at least I got it done.

Are you ever tired of life being a process? Just ready to have it figured out? I wish I could do that with my PCOS...but everyday is a day of learning & each day I get better at making decisions for me and my health,

Today, I've got TWO AWESOME recipes for you!! Although they don't really go together. LOL, one of them is a Mexican dish & the other one is more made for fall I think.

Without further ado here are the recipes!

Gluten Free Enchilada Bake or known as Brown Rice Chicken Cheese and Bean Enchilada Bake (Pick your poison on the name)
Helpful hints: This meal is a bit extensive, so it's more of your Sunday dinner because it takes a bit to make, assemble, and cook. I swear, it's delicious and worth it though. You can also add olives, jalapenos, tomatoes...whatever you like in a Mexican dish. Use chicken for a leaner healthier version, but you can also use beef, if you choose.
Serves: 6

Ingredients:
2 Brown Rice Flour Tortilla's
1 can black beans
1/2 cup chopped green peppers
1/2 cup chopped red peppers
1/2 cup chopped yellow peppers
1/3 cup diced red onion
8 ounces of boneless, skinless chicken tenderloins
2.5cups of cheddar cheese (If you are on a limited dairy intake or should be you can omit the cheese or find a vegan substance. Although...some vegan choices are chalk full or soy, so be careful. Read your labels).
1 pouch of Frontera Enchilada Sauce (I found mine at Hy-vee here is what the pouch looks like)
3 tbsp olive oil


Seasonings: 
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp black pepper
2 cloves garlic
1 tsp cilantro

Step1.
Turn oven on to 350 degrees
Tear 1 tortilla to fit the edges of a 8x8 inch baking pan.
Cover tortilla with half of the enchilada sauce

Step 2. 
Combine olive oil and seasonings in shallow dish
Place rinsed and dried chicken then dish and coat with the olive oil and seasonings
Place on grill and cook until 140 degrees or until no longer pink on the inside

Step 3.
While chicken is grilling (I use a George Foreman, but you can also fry in a pan or grill on a regular grill) chop and dice peppers and onions and place into bowl.

Step 4.
Open and drain black beans from can and place into bowl with peppers and onion

Step 5.
When chicken is done grilling chop and add to peppers and onion bowl. Mix until evenly distributed.

Step 6.
Sprinkle half of the mixed ingredients from the bowl onto the soaked tortilla. Cover with 1.25 cups of cheese

Step 7.
Tear and place another tortilla on top of cheese to fit pan. Cover with rest of sauce packet, the rest of the ingredients in the bowl cover with the rest of the cheese.

Step 8.
Put dish in oven and bake for 20-25mins until cheese bubbles.

Step 9.
Let cool for 5mins, and dish out, and ENJOY!!!

Dessert: Gluten Free Apple Crisp:
Serves: 4 (I got this recipe from PCOS diet support)
Ingredients:
1 3/4 cups almond flour
3 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp salt
1/3 cup melted coconut oil
2 tbsp honey
3 tsp Vanilla extract
3 apples peeled, cored and sliced
1 cup unsweetened apple sauce

Step 1.
Place apples in a pie dish and cover with 2tsp cinnamon and apple sauce

Step 2.
Mix dry ingredients in large bowl (almond flour, rest of cinnamon, nutmeg, salt)

Step 3.
Mix wet ingredients in a small bowl (Oil, honey, vanilla extract)

Step 4.
Mix wet and dry ingredients and place over apple/apple sauce mixture

Step 5.
Put in oven, cook for 45 minutes. When finished let cool 5 minutes, ENJOY!




As I'm sitting, I realized I haven't taken all my supplements for today & I am just not getting started on dinner (9pm) Goodness where has the time gone? Well, some days are better than others, yes?

Good luck everyone! I have a busy day ahead of me tomorrow...wish me luck!

Blessings, 
A




Comments