Murph Day Challenge Preview

Happy Sunday, Runday everyone!
I didn't quite get to a run today but I did get to walk our goofy little house guest this weekend.
There's B and Tori. Tori is the short, black, little, entirely to energetic pug on the left and B our older gal is on the right. B, could NOT keep up. I almost couldn't either. I think this tiny one bottles enough energy for 4 dogs. We walked half a mile, and this girl was still going strong at home.
I honestly think she's miffed that the cat won't play back with her...puppies...it's been a while since we've had an animal with energy in this house.

Anyway, I digress. I got a workout in on Wednesday, I did in fact end up taking a nap on Thursday...or sleeping as most people call it. Friday I didn't get a workout in, because I had to got to pick up our pint size out of town friend. Saturday was our third wedding this year, and between work and making sure the animals were square I didn't get a workout in.
HOWEVER, I danced my tail in circles on Saturday night, and jumped! jumped! (Get it?) and SHOUTED! (just a little bit louder now) Better believe I counted this as a workout!

(Side note:: I did have amazing gluten free cupcakes provided by the bride and groom. Check out the website of the cupcakes from the wedding. Le Cupcake was featured on Cupcakes Wars on TLC)

Now to today, I did a 20 minute walk with the dogs, and 20 minutes with Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred. (Circuit Training with weights) in preparation for the upcoming 5k and Warrior Dash events I have coming up. I also had a GREAT diet day! I had a massive craving for french friends, but I got home in enough time and beat it! After eating 3 (eek!) of those cupcakes last night, I wanted to make sure I did REALLY well with my diet today...I did have more than one serving of dairy though :(

Speaking of food, I know most people are thinking of their Memorial Day Barbeque's and what they are making or bringing to the parties. I'll let you know if I create any healthy recipes for tomorrow, but if you ave any...PLEASE SEND THEM TO ME!! As you can tell I didn't get to the cauliflower pizza this weekend, but hoping to get it made tomorrow night..more digressing...

Memorial Day is a day on which those who died in active military service are remembered, traditionally observed on May 30 but now officially observed on the last Monday in May.   It was originally known as Decoration Day and came about after the American Civil War. It is a Holiday specifically honoring our armed forces who have died while serving our country.

Tomorrow, in honor of those who gave it all for my freedom, I  will be participating in what is called a Murph Day Challenge to remember them.
The Murph Day Challenge is usually completed at a CrossFit Box & if you go to the TheMurphChallenge.com you can order a shirt for next year's challenge and learn more, as well as donate to the foundation.
The Murph Day Challenge is inspired from a heroic journey of Lt. Michael Murphy who was killed in Afghanistan June 28th, 2005. I will speak more to this man in a proper post tomorrow.
Here is the Facebook Link for the Murph Day Challenge where the picture is originally from.
I'm attempting it tomorrow, and hoping to conquer it next year & have an official T-shirt, which benefits
The Murph Foundation.

I honestly don't know if I'll be able to do it all...okay, I KNOW I won't be able to do it all, but I want to attempt it in some fashion. I will definitely post about how it went tomorrow night. Either way, WISH ME LUCK!!!

Blessings,
A


Comments