Be Fierce

I finally got back to the gym on Thursday. I had a Terrific workout too! I started with a 1mile run(I always run slower on the treadmill then pavement, has anyone else found this to be true?). Then in a last ditch effort to prepare for the Warrior Dash(Which is tomorrow), I hit the weight machines. Focusing mostly upper body stuff and two lower body machines. I also did 3 row reps, plus push ups, and 3 reps of these...

In my quest to improve my upper body strength, I thought more of last week trying to do 50 assisted pull ups. It is my goal next year, should I get the chance to do it, to do either all 100 assisted pull ups OR do 25 unassisted and 50 assisted. I came across this machine. 


The assisted chin up machine. I have never used it before in my life. But I thought..."why not?"
I youtubed how to use it really quick and then hopped on for a first try.



I did feel kind of goofy attempting it with other people in the gym, but becoming brave enough to accomplish the next task is what sets us up for greatness. 



Although, I haven't prepared as much as I think I should have, I am getting really excited to start our course tomorrow. Myself and a group of friends and family will embark at 12:30 to run the Warrior Dash! (Although I am going with 2 Tough Mudder Veterans, I think this will be a walk in the park for them!) 
Wish us luck!

Blessings, 
A

(I probably won't post tomorrow as I have to get up at the crack of dawn to go to work early, then head out for a 90min drive to the dash! I will post the nutritional information for for protein smoothie on Sunday ((thought I forgot didn't you?)) and will share with you the results of Saturdays Dash!)

Comments