Cauliflower Pizza Crust

Here is the cauliflower pizza crust recipe I have been promising. Unfortunately I am pressed for time today as I have to go into work tonight :( So I can't do my usual awesome mindful Monday Post.
I hope this recipe is enough to keep you motivated towards your goals.
This recipe is awesome. It's not the greatest to plate up, or at least mine did not plate up well. I may have not let it set long enough in the pan before I dived into it but it was incredibly delicious and I didn't even miss the doughy crust.
I was also in a pinch because I didn't have pizza sauce for my pizza. However, if you read the ingredients label on most sauces they have added sugar. I made mine from...almost scratch!

First...the crust::

Ingredients:
1 head of cauliflower
1 egg
1 cup mozzarella cheese
seasonings of your choice (oregano, parsley, garlic, onion powder, salt, pepper)

First, boil chopped cauliflower for about 5mins. Drain chopped cauliflower and put in a blender. Finely chop the cauliflower as best as possible. Then add to a bowl of 1 egg, and 1 cup of mozzarella cheese. (Or whatever your preferred choice of cheese is).

Place in baking pan and flatten. I used two pie tins for thinner crusts, but a cast iron skillet I think works best. Bake for 12-15mins until it crisps around the edges. Then add your choice of sauce.

I used the Almost scratch sauce I made to pour over top. It is best to mix this together while the crust is baking.
In a bowl combine 1 6oz can of tomato paste, 1.5 cups of water, 1/3 cup of olive oil, 2 cloves of garlic, salt, pepper, oregano, rosemary, basil, parsley to taste. Mix together with whisk until blended.

Pour desired amount of sauce over crust(s). 

Once the crust is done baking, add desired ingredients! I put grilled chopped 4 oz of chicken, probably another cup of cheese over top and then baked until cheese melted. Around 8-10mins for crust to brown & bubble a little.

This really was one of the best homemade pizza's I've ever made.

It is a bit labor intensive but it was really enjoyable and worth it. I was not able to convince the hubs to try it, but I really devoured it! Ha ha!!!

Nutritional Info: per serving:: 4 (About half of one 8 inch pie size pan), Calories: 339, total fat 6.9 grams, cholesterol 73mg, sodium 295.2mg, potassium 2206.4mg, carbs 51.7, protein 22.1, vitamin A 30.7% of daily value, vitamin C 237.5% of daily value, calcium 28.2%, iron 46.5%   

Comments