Crazy Days

This weekend was an equal mix of chaos and relaxing in front of the boob tube. (The television). The hubs and I stayed up late for the last 3 nights and when you do stuff like that, it's hard to want to work out.
And between the weddings, the mini vacation, and soon (unfortunately) a funeral, life has been...well...chaotic.
First, I'm not sure how to address the funeral. Do you make something? Send cards or flowers? I'm never sure.
It was a friend from high school. We all hung out in this tight knit group. But as things grow and change, people drift. We haven't spoken to our old (But very young) friend in quite some time. I am hoping to get to the visitation tomorrow, but please just send warm thoughts to his family. Prayers of comfort and peace are very much needed for them at this time.
I wasn't sure if I should directly address the passing or not, especially since we haven't spoken, in a few years. However, I do want to recognize that it was about that person's life. They were kind and supportive, and I know will be greatly missed by all the lives that they had touched.

As you can imagine, it's been weird. How do you push through the chaos of an over scheduled hubby, the passing of an old (but very young) friend, not to mention...at some point...you have to tackle those crappy stinky dishes, and the laundry.

Well...priorities. I'm trying to rearrange my schedule to attend the visitation, and well...I got the laundry out of the dryer (just not folded), but didn't quite make it to the dishes. (Those can wait.)

Well, sometimes we just do what we can, when we can. On Sunday after a nephew's birthday party & another errand I came home to relax...but knowing I hadn't exercised since Thursday...I needed to do something.
My goal with working out right now, is 1) To work out at least 30mins. Minimum. ((Helps control my insulin resistance)). 2.) Build muscles- I want to be strong. 3.)Tone my gut, hips, and thighs.

I took to YouTube to find the perfect workout. (Check out Fitnessblender.com for more workout videos)

This workout...is NUTS! Good news is that it can be done in your living room, computer room, wherever you have space to jump and move around.
It's a 56 minute video of High Intensity (Although it does show some low impact options). By minute 16 my lower body was already, ON FIRE! Burning, and a little shaky. I wasn't sure if I could do all 56minutes.
I'm not sure if you've noticed, but I find it weird when you start exercising how sometimes talking yourself into starting is the hardest part. Once I started the exercise and hit minute 30 I thought "Well, it's only 26 more minutes till the end and...I'm sure part of that will include the cool down." So I pushed through. I kept at it. This was Sunday...my thighs and glutes are still sore! (Not horribly, just noticeably). I love how it also tells you, down in the right hand corner, how many possible calories you may have burned during the workout. I'm not a professional, but my opinion is that this workout is not for beginners. More of an intermediate to advanced.

Either way, you won't regret how powerful this will make you feel. Provided you don't injure yourself in the process.

Friday's Fitness Post will actually be about Today. I found another awesome at home upper body workout that the beginner could definitely accomplish. Thursday's post will be another awesome Thirsty Thursday! I can't WAIT to tell you about the shake I made today!

Blessings everyone, please pray with special intentions for a family who lost a brother, friend, and son.

Thank you,
A



Comments