Exercise Tuesday! (New Smoothie Recipe)

Hey-o, everyone! Sorry it has been a few days since I last posted. We spent time out on the farm this weekend but the prepping and planning to spend a few days away from home, work, and the fur children takes a lot of work! (I am sure you can forgive me).


We had a great time in the sunshine! I think it was just what the doctor had ordered. Lots of vitamin D and laughter. I believe laughter is good for the soul.



After an emotionally hard week last week, I am not proud to say that I hid in food. Lots of it. It didn't help that I was on vacation and used it as an excuse to just put all of the cookies into my mouth...but I did it. I even recorded...most of it into my fitness pal app, it was not pretty. And it did not make me feel good. Although! It kept me honest and probably kept me from going SUPER over board.

It was almost as if I was resetting my equilibrium, from crazy strict healthy, to just pure sugar! I think we need to let loose once in a while though.


 Well Today my nose is BACK to the grind stone! And I was setting my intention early for healthy eating habits again. Determined to not let my 4 days of cheating dictate the rest of my habits.
As you all know I have been on the search for the perfect Whey Protein without Soy! Over the weekend I picked up some from a Yoli Distributor. I have had some of their products before while staying with my aunt but have never tried the protein powder. After finally reading the nutritional information on the jar and doing some Internet research on the company, I decided to bite the bullet and buy some powder.
Natural ingredients! Ingredients I understand and recognize! I have included the Supplement facts picture so you can see for yourself. As well as the article I found that swayed my opinion to finally buy their product. (You can also find the full article here)


This morning with my intention to get back at, I made a Chocolate Spinach Berry Protein Shake. And let me tell you it was delicious!! 

Supplies:
*Blender
*Measuring Cup
*Glass/bottle/shaker to put in your finished shake

Ingredients:
*10oz of Almond Milk
*1 Scoop of the Chocolate Yoli Protein Powder
*1 cup frozen mixed berries
*1/2 cup of frozen chopped spinach


Put all ingredients in blender, hit blend. Blend for about a minute, maybe 90seconds. And pour into cup to enjoy!
It is a GREAT shake & you can't even taste the spinach! Great for iron, protein, and calcium.
I will post the nutritional information tomorrow.

Alright everyone, back to to work! ENJOY! Be healthy!!

Blessings,
A

Comments