The Power of Positive Thinking

It sure is hard to get back in the groove when there are to many cooks in my kitchen!!
 I have a dermatologist, a nutritionist, an endocrinologist...I have ALL of the doctors. It seems like what one says the other one poo-poo's.
Sometimes I feel like I need to grab a hold of both sides of my head to stop the tailspin my brain is in. This is when it becomes MOST important to remember to play the Glad game.


Have you heard of the Glad game? My aunt reminded me of it this last weekend while we were out at the farm. The Glad Game is a game that came about from a movie, which came about from a book called Pollyanna.
Pollyanna would play a game she learned from her father where she would find something to be glad about in every situation. Even if it was as simple as being thankful that the sun came up that morning, she found something to be glad about.


It reminds me of what has quickly become one of my MOST favorite bible verses

What IS there to be glad about? Sometimes if you have to start with basic first world problems to get you through a tough moment, do it!

I start at the bottom. What do I have that most people don't?
Heat.
Water. (Believe it or not, a lot of places in Africa don't have running water still!)
Electricity!
Modern plumbing
Clothes
A car that gets me from point A to point B
FOOD! (Someone told me once, when everything feels like it's falling apart do the one thing that makes you feel like it's not even if it's small. My one thing? I have to have food in the fridge. If there's food in the fridge, I feel like everything will be okay.)
I am loved.
I have a good job.
I get to practice what I love everyday. 
I have amazing animals
My family, hubby, friends...

It's like a snowball effect for positive thinking. The positive thoughts grow and grow and grow. I don't know about you but I find it MUCH easier to make healthy choices when I am in a positive frame of mind. 

So play the Glad Game. Just see what it does for your mood!
I bet it changes more than you know & realize.

Be good everyone. Have a great night & I'll see you tomorrow for Recipe Thursday. (I think I will tell you about my recent shopping trip vs a recipe. I have been having to keep a closer eye on the budget this last week. Haven't had a chance to do any crazy wild recipes).

Blessings
A

Comments