Thirsty Thursday-CARROTS!

This week's new recipe smoothie I decided to be brave and add an extra vegetable to my blend this week.

I used up the last of the frozen spinach, and frozen cherry berry blend that I had in the freezer. I also added my typical yoli whey protein, and almond milk. 
I got to thinking about what else I could put in it. I need more vegetables in my daily intake then I normally have. I know I have baby carrots in the fridge & I've pureed food before (puree is a smooth creamy substance made of liquidized or crushed fruits and vegetables). 
Why can't I chop up some baby carrots and add them into the smoothie?

Ingredients:
1 scoop chocolate whey protein
8 oz of unsweetened almond milk
1/2 cup frozen chopped spinach
3/4 cup cherry berry frozen fruit
8 chopped, diced (tiniest pieces I could think of) baby carrots

Through all the ingredients in the blender, hit the chop button for about a minute. Then hit the puree button to blend and liquefy for about 2 minutes. 

Poured the shake into a tall 10 oz glass (wasn't even able to fit it all the glass, I had it all...I still count it as one serving)



Took my first sip...it was pure perfection. The carrots oddly enough cancelled out the taste of the spinach and added an extra smoothness to the drink itself. It tasted great. I will definitely be having that again! You can't even tell there's carrots in it! 

Alright everyone, hope you enjoyed this Thirsty Thursday Post! 
I will see you again tomorrow!
Blessings, 
A

(Dare me to put another vegetable in my smoothie, I might just do it...truth is, I need more ideas! -A)

Comments