Transformation Tuesday

Have you seen those posts on Instagram or Facebook about #TransformationTuesday?
It can be anything from a side by side photo of you when you were younger to you now, or a side by side photo of food! I've seen it all. But the most popular one is the weight loss journey ones. And people explaining their journey's of struggle and success. I decided I wanted to be part of this hash tag!
Today on Instagram I posted my first Transformation Tuesday post...here it is!


Both, very goofy, pictures of me! The first I have donned a turkey hat for what was a 2mile walk/run event in September of 2011. I walked it with my sister and my mom. It took us about 40mins to complete. Although, my sister and I did stop and wait for my mom at one point. And the second picture is 3 years later just this last Saturday June 7, 2014. From picture to picture it is a 50lb(+/-), 3 year difference. Since the first picture I have completed and competed in 9 5k's. Another 2miler, a 5miler, the Murph Day Challenge, 1 lazy man triathlon, AND the Warrior Dash!
I'm not sure I want to even think about the amount of money I have spent on race fees alone! LOL! I'm sure it's a lot!
It's been a challenging and amazing 3 year journey. I feel strong, and ready to tackle the next race. I haven't officially signed up for anything yet, but I am hoping to sign up next week for upcoming half marathon. My very first. I will keep you posted. 

The Warrior Dash was AMAZING! I had such a great time. I definitely OVER THOUGHT the entire process. I largely blame my brother for my over thinking because I've heard him talk about tough mudder so much & the stories I heard of people injuring themselves doing a Warrior Dash, had me questioning my sanity. But I not only accomplished it, I conquered it! 
I know you can do the same!! You just have to find what works for you. It doesn't have to be running, it can yoga or Tai Chi, or Pilate's. SWIMMING! Swimming is GREAT! Just some form of movement each week. Do it when you don't feel like it. Do it just a few times a week to get started. Movement is life! Keep moving forward. Keep climbing mountains for your health! What is the one thing you can do today to help accomplish a healthier lifestyle? 
Diet and exercise people! It's not secret. It's often not always fun, but do you want to be healthy, or sick & unwell. It's as simple as that. 
YOU CAN DO IT!!!

Oh, FINALLY! Here is screen shot of what my shake from the other day looks like! Almond milk, spinach, berries, and whey protein. I used about a cup of each, and 1 scoop of the whey protein. It was delicious but only at 208 calories, it's more of a snack than a meal. You can add in other things too like 1/2 of an avocado if that fits your fancy. 



See you all tomorrow for Wordy Wednesday! Happy Tuesday Everyone!!

Blessings,
A



Comments