Get Motivated Cheat

I often have the tendency to text people when I don't want to go exercise. 
Especially right now, since training and staying dedicated is crucial to doing well for the two events I have coming up. 
I knew I needed to run another 5 miles this week, I thought about be ambitious and get up EARLY on Wednesday morning but well...that just did not happen. In fact, I took a day off on Wednesday. Yep. I watched TV instead. 

So I knew, if I was going to get another 5mile run in, I needed to do it on Thursday. I'm not going to lie, I was not in mood. At all. 
I texted my #1 running buddy & said "I can't get off the couch."
(She did text as I was getting ready and told me about what she had done for the day...sometimes, nothing drives me more than competition.)

1. I knew if I texted her that it would make me accountable. Right after I texted her I went to my room and got my workout clothes on. 

2. I clicked around on Pinterest and found some awesome motivating pictures to get me pumped to run


3. I turned on running play list on my phone...here's a screen shot of it. I thought it was funny having 4 songs named "Stronger" on my play list. Everything from Mandisa to Kanye, who knew! 

It got me pumped though! 

My fitness tip of the day: Text the one person who either has the same goals as you do, or someone who has BIGGER goals than you do. They will ALWAYS encourage you to take the step you don't want to. Especially if you don't feel like doing it.
This is your sign! Get out there today and do something for your health. Something that your body will thank you for tomorrow!



You are training for life. Find the exercise you like to do and do it with purpose. Train for what you want. But like 1st Corinthians says don't make it for something that is perishable. Ultimately 1st Corinthians 9:24-27 is comparing being an athlete to being a Christian. Train and do things that will prepare you to live a life for God, like being an athlete you need to train and prepare like you are headed into a race or an event for a prize. 
Don't beat the air aimlessly without purpose. If you workout but aren't doing it for a solid reason you won't keep going. 
What is your reason to lace up your shoes, grab your water bottle, and head out the door?
What compels you to sweat and push yourself harder at the gym? What drives you to make the choice for your health?
Find your reason and remember them everyday until you accomplish your goals. Then when you see yourself conquer your goals, make new ones. It's what keeps moving us forward as human beings. It's what helps us to do better, be better. Give more of ourselves. 
Spend some time with yourself, outdoors, at the gym, in the pool. Wherever you find your strength and courage to exercise. Spend time there. 

Blessings everyone, 
Have a Great weekend! I am not sure if I will be able to post tomorrow but I will on Sunday!
A




Comments