Mindful Monday-Make it Count

(I'm warning you now, I'm setting up for another long post...It's mindful Monday plus the Pumpkin Muffin Paleo Recipe)

My grandpa always said "If you have a few drinks the night before, but don't feel it the next day, well, you must have needed those drinks."
Yesterday, I had an all out losing war with food.
I had 1 bowl of ice cream (I know, dairy!! Even after my rant) 5 homemade cookies, 3 pieces of hamburger, green pepper, and onion pizza, and a brownie...

I got sick somewhere after the cookies and ice cream, but it only lasted about an hour and a half...and I got REALLY sleepy....

But today, I didn't feel a thing...at all. No upset stomach, no gassy pains...just mostly...normal.
So here I am sitting here telling you to stay motivated to not cheat yourself, but then I eat LIKE THAT!!
I think we are all entitled to our days...the one thing major thing I will tell you about a craving is to give in a little.
It had started Saturday night when I saw these amazing looking cookies at a party and I just couldn't shake wanting them. I was trying to be good. Instead I had hot dogs w/ onions & ketchup & fresh vegetables.
But it didn't satisfy that want for those cookies. I think that's what, in part led to glutton filled Sunday I just had.
Give in a little before you do what I did! Today was better, I kept it pretty low carb, was mindful of not eating to much fruit. Working on dinner now, low carb burger with bean chips & lots of broccoli. I think I am going to put salsa and an avocado on my burger...Oh! And an onion! That sounds so yummy!!!

However...I should also mention I also ran 5 miles in 52 minutes on Sunday morning...starting at 7am. I was out my house standing in the city before most people even thought about starting their morning pot of coffee before church or yard work.
Today I also swam for 30minutes and then 3miles in 32minutes today (It was SO HOT tonight, incredibly humid! I had to stop and walk twice...I have no shame.)

If you want a cheat day, make sure you keep up with your good work, you don't have to punish your bad habits with exercise, but you should make you exercise habits have good rewards.
Do your ABSOLUTE best to make your rewards NOT food related. It is hard to do, but if you are still trying to lose weight and want a yummy treat, see what you can do to cut the calories or see what you can do to make a healthy dish reward.
For instance a bowl of mixed berries w/ a tbsp of whipped topping is always good!
Or try something new like the Famous Black Bean Brownie.
Make it all count. Not all day every day, but most days. Try 80/20.
I'm currently working on being okay with 20%.
I was so strict for so long, that I forgot that 20%  snacks, treats were okay.

The point is to enjoy your health and fitness journey. You will love who you turn into, I promise, but the journey is SO MUCH MORE ENJOYABLE when you...well...enjoy it.
Find the passion to keep moving forward.

What is pushing you? Your kids, your job? Do you need better stress relief, do you just need 30minutes to yourself? Do you want to look good for a reunion or do you want to change your life?
You are worth the journey and the effort you put into yourself! You will love you who will become & who you're becoming the more you strive forward. 




I think breakfast is always important. I have to have breakfast, it is my best way to set my intention for the day. 
I pretty much have the same thing every morning, with some variation, but typically consists of eggs, an apple, peanut/almond butter. Sometimes I add spinach, onions, mixed peppers, and make omelette's. 
Or if I know I am going to be running I add in a few extra carbs.

These Pumpkin Muffins are perfect for extra protein and fiber. 

Ingredients
4 eggs
1/2 cup pureed pumpkin (Or half a regular size can)
3 teaspoons agave nectar (Or honey, or brown sugar, or coconut palm sugar)
2 tablespoons of almond flour (Or 1 tablespoon of cornstarch)
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ginger
1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
1/8 teaspoon salt (I usually omit salt from things, this recipe will turn out fine either way make it) 

Set oven to 400 degrees. Make all ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Grease muffin pan with olive oil (Or you can use pam, I just prefer olive oil. I use a brush to spread the oil around, I'll try to get a picture of this sometime.) Then spoon mixture into muffin pan evenly into the 12 slots. 




Bake for 15mins (Until a knife can be inserted and come out clean).

Cool, pull from pan and enjoy!
Nutritional Information:
Total Fat: 7.1g Carbs: 5.3g Protein 7.8g

 Alright everyone, It's late...it's bedtime!
Start your day right, make it all count, and enjoy the journey.
Blessings everyone,
A





 

 

Comments