Namaste

I love running, but I have also found another passion, unfortunately, that I don't practice as often but still love to do, yoga.

The way I have learned to move through yoga has really helped me appreciate my body. The strength you build while achieving yoga poses creates a sense of well being and empowerment. 
It reminds me to quite my mind, bring my focus back to my breath and appreciate all that my body can do. It also has the added benefit of stretching tight sore muscles.
I started doing yoga about 4 years ago, I think. I took classes off and on, but eventually became more dedicated. When I am not training for an upcoming event, I'm usually doing cross training and really delving into my yoga practice.
Yoga is amazing. You don't have to look a certain way or be of a certain health level to do yoga.
I used to be the bigger girl in class, I still went. Older women with bad knees LOVE the yoga class that I attend. You can do yoga no matter what. You just have to find the modifications for how to work with your body.
For instance, I will sometimes switch from doing a downward dog to dolphin pose. (As a massage therapist my wrists tend to be in dorsiflexion quiet a bit...so I will back off on wrist heavy poses to more forearm poses.)



(You can see how the two poses are mostly the same, just change the angle and it takes a lot of pressure off of my wrists. Health.com)


Yoga can help bring your chaotic day to a close or start your day with a clearer mind. I challenge you to find a yoga class, or search out a YouTube video, or find a DVD that works for you. Yoga is amazing and will sculpt, shape, and tone loose muscles.

I have collected some of my favorite images that I think describe yoga the best...and why I think you should give it a try.





(Found on pinterest, no source found)



I honor all of you, and all of your paths. Thank you for reading tonight. 
With love, 
A

(On a side note I have been honored and blessed to write as a regular guest blogger over at  Eating Healthy with PCOS.  Tonight I posted a new low carb, very high protein burger recipe. I had two tonight & they were very delicious. I've posted another recipe like this but this one was particularly really good! You should definitely try it this summer!)



Comments