Thoughtful Tuesday-Runner's Life


Switching up Monday & Tuesday posts today. Instead of Mindful Monday, I'm doing a Thoughtful Tuesday, hehe!!

Here's a nugget of information for you, or rather a tip. It applies to your health as well as life. My sister told me in high school, after a particularly stressful period of my life, that "Mistakes are only made when you don't learn something from them."
Another great quote that reminds me of this is from Joyce Meyer, "When we know better, we do better."

While I was still using products that contained traces of dairy, it wasn't a total waste of a time. I learned that I really need to hunker down and read labels. To continue to count my net carbohydrates in order to maintain my weight. To really take a minute, and breath. To think before I speak, remember that everything I do comes from the heart. That I didn't intentionally set out to hurt myself. There was no purposeful self sabotage.

I like to relate a lot of my life to running.

Last year after being dealt a pretty significant blow (emotionally speaking) I did what I had been training myself to do for over 2 years. I got up the next morning and went for a run. On that run I saw another runner, a man doing Tai Chi in the park, and countless cars. I listened to music such as Brit Nicole and Seether. (Now there's two opposite ends of the spectrum.) I related it back to life.

After passing mile 2, I saw the other runner again and the Tai Chi man smiled and waved as I trudged by.
I realized in life, no matter what happens we are all on our own course. There are those who are on the slower path and are perfectly happy enjoying the moment and smelling the roses. Then there are those that speed off in whatever direction their paths have them headed. We all have tasks. Within those tasks, we all have things to learn. We can only do our best and keep moving ahead.
On this particular run, I'm not proud to say that, I ran through a cramp. I was laid out for almost two weeks. I looked like the metaphorical pimp, with a funny gate.
At the end of my run, I wasn't completely better, but I remembered what I was truly thankful for. Coming home to my best friend. I feel God often gives us great partners in life, whether they run with you or are waiting for you when you get home, these are the moments that really matter.

While that leg will still give me fits every now and then I know that I need to stretch before a run, otherwise I'll cramp again. To slow down when life gets overwhelming and to take better care of myself.


This is a great verse...sort of reminds me of fall down 7 times, stand up 8.
When you find yourself up against a wall, or staring down the barrel of what could be a pretty big mistake, take a step back. Breath. Try again.
Be the little engine that could.

Don't push yourself so hard during a workout that you aren't ever able to workout again, but do push yourself BEYOND your comfort zone. When you reach 1 mile, head to 1.5 miles OR 2!
Get a trainer and learn to swim, sign up for an activity such as a 5k, a 2mile walk. Sign up for a course of Tai Chi at your local gym. Try yoga. Start a fitness group. Keep trying & keep going.
Whatever you do, DO NOT give up.

"So much in life seems inflexible and unchangeable, and part of the joy of running and especially racing is the realization that improvement and progress can be achieved." Nancy Andersen



"I run because it's so symbolic of life. You have to drive yourself to overcome the obstacles. You might feel that you can't. But then you find your inner strength, and realize you're capable of so much more than you thought." Arthur Blank


Remember to learn from your mistakes. Keep pushing forward. If you have to many cookies or chips start over at the next meal don't wait till next week or the infamous "Monday" that everyone starts their diets. Stretch. Read your labels. Find the activity that you love to do, and just keep going!!
Alright everyone, after hitting the pool this morning for a practice swim, I'm starved!!! Off to eat and then to work. 

Blessings,
A
 

Comments