The Wall or a Pit of Mud? You Be the Judge

I think I hit really more of a long pit of mud last week. It definitely did not feel like a giant tall brick wall. I just kept trudging through and moving forward. Just slowly...and without vigor.

After my massage last night and a full nights rest I was ready to step out of the mud. I did an hour of yoga today, oh man! I didn't realize how tight my legs were, then I walked for an hour at the park.
I decided a walk after yoga sounded great. I can't even remember the last time I went on just a walk.


It is on my bucket list to read the entire bible cover to cover. I'm sure you're thinking, "Well which version?" Because there are over 50 different versions of the bible. Let's just stick with the basics...I'm going to read the old testament & The new testament. ;)
No, in all seriousness, I downloaded the bible app on my phone so I could listen to it, I've settled on New Living Translation.
I had started listening to the bible last year on the 1 year plan...somewhere through the year though I just stopped. But! I am back at it...But rather than try and jump around, I just decided to go straight through. I started where I left off, which was in Judges.
(I have read parts of the new testament as well, in chronological order, but I figured I got all the way up to Judges, so I'll just start there.)

Judges is great. There's nothing like listening to a left handed man take out an evil king, a woman driving a tent peg through a guys eye, and the Brave Battle of Gideon where 300 men took down a mighty army. Sound familiar?
(300 Spartan Warriors, 700 years AFTER Gideon's battle in Israel)

God would rise up a judge in Israel every time his people began to lose their way...does this sound familiar? I got off track this last week with my clean eating diet, which is going to happen from time to time. I'm not worried about it, but I do want to make sure I am maintaining my weight, not drastically gaining or losing anymore.
There will be times of peace and war. Sometimes the order (I used the thesaurus, can you tell?) will last a long time, and sometimes things will seem like they are taking forever...you know like 400 years?

Lucky for me though, God will not mount 300 men to stand against me when I eat more then...6 cookies... in one sitting. He will help me remember what it feels like to make smarter decisions...like maybe 2 cookies, or how I feel after a run. Or what it feels like to conquer my goals.

Gideon himself wasn't exactly the the bravest guy. I mean, he was brave, but he still needed proof, proof from God that he and 300 men could over take Midiantes and conquer them. In Judges chapter 7, he and another solider sneak down to the Midiante camp and they over hear a conversation about a dream that proved Gideon and his army would win. Later he attacked the camp with his 300 men they confused the Midiante army into attacking each other...

So, I had a set back...but I can rally. I got past my pit of mud and moved on to making great choices today, and even got back on track with my training.

 Here I come half!!! I am gonna conquer you & own you! (Zoinks!)
I can rest assure though that if I ever did hit that proverbial wall (No thesaurus this time :-D ) that I will be ready to climb it and overcome it!

Blessings everyone,
I'll post tonight's awesome dinner recipe on Thursday! Chicken stir fry! Can't wait, can't wait, can't wait!

A

On a side note, I had a Non-Scale Victory(#nsv) this last week, my wedding ring no longer fit on my finger anymore, even after I put the ring snuggie on. It's crazy to say, but I went down 2 and a half ring sizes.
The woman behind the counter asked, with a skeptical look on her face, "You're not planning on losing anymore are you?"
Really...I'm paying you money to make it fit on my finger so that it won't fall off...NO! LADY!
Either way...makes me nervous to be without it. Two more weeks and I'll get my ring back!
OH!!! I was also featured on Run Chat's website!!! check it out here....just please excuse my spelling errors!

Comments