Food Struggles

I have been struggling with fitness and healthy choices since the half marathon. With back to back family events, out of town vacations....life. Just life. How does one find motivation?

Ughhh....slowly.

This weekend I tried concentrating on what I was putting into my mouth. I wanted ice cream, and the delicious adult drinks at the engagement party.

I asked myself "is this going to satisfy you?" If the answer was yes I would eat it. As in I did have pizza, but it was serving size. If it wasn't going to satisfy me or help me feel my best the next day I wouldn't.

Today I ate 90% good. I did have corn chex & a few dove chocolate. I hate to say it, but the carbs and sugar were back this weekend!

I think I lost my motivation. It's official. And right before the Holidays...I need to kick it into gear. I need a tangible goal.

I know! I need a purpose. What is the purpose for my healthy eating? I don't need to lose weight. Eating to much of gluten and sugar does make me sick, but I know where my threshold is. It's not that I don't EVER want to have sugar, just very rarely.


I am not looking to fit back into any particular outfit but the rest of that list is GREAT. 


This is also a really great list over at colobod2 about 13 weeks to cutting out processed foods. It's not a bad idea to try. It takes 21 days for something to become a habit. Which is really only about 3 weeks...so maybe 13 weeks is a bit intense. 

Right now I am trying not to eat anymore chocolate. I know that more chocolate will not serve me. I had some, I was satisfied...or so I thought. Now all I want is more. I will try this 13 weeks to a more clean eating diet. I'll start with week 1, which is eating 2 vegetables or fruits with every meal. This plan calls for 3 meals a day, but I eat more like a hobbit. Which is 5 meals a day...or rather 3 meals and two snacks. With having PCOS I should only have about 2 fruits a day, so my goal..more vegetables this week. I want to go back to clearer skin and boost my energy levels again. I also need to make it a point to do some regular exercise this week. When I move, I feel better. Tomorrow...ugh...after my early morning networking meeting, I will go to the gym. 

I will report back tomorrow and let you know how it goes! 

Sending you blessings everyone. 
A




Comments