Paleo Pumpkin Ice Cream & Smoothie

Two new recipes today...last night I attempted to make the crust less pumpkin pie...but I won't even begin to tell you how I botched it. I am going to attempt to make a different style of pie this weekend...because whatever it was that escaped from my oven last night was just...horrible! LOL.

I did also make Paleo Pumpkin Ice Cream!! It was so delicious, although the original recipe called for 4 bananas I only had two in my freezer so I just used those.

Paleo Pumpkin Ice Cream
2-4 bananas depends on how much you would like, so far the consistency with 2 is fine.
1 cup pumpkin puree (I did use from a can)
1/3 cup maple syrup
1 1/2 tsp pumpkin spice (I used cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice)

Blend together and Freeze!

I pulled it out this morning and it tasted great!
Yum!

I also made a pumpkin chia smoothie this morning after my workout. Normally I would add protein powder but I ran out, wah wah wahhhh!!!

1.5 cups of unsweetened almond milk
1 cup pumpkin puree (I used what was left over from making the ice cream
1 tbsp of chia seeds
I used cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice to season
And a dash of 100% organic maple syrup

It tasted great! It was really enjoyable and hit the spot.

Nutritional Info:: 102 calories, 4g fat, 13g carbs, 7g fiber, 4g sugar, 3g protein (Fun fact 40% of you daily calcium on a 2,000 calorie diet)

Alright everyone I need to get to work!
Enjoy Have a great Thirsty Thursday!
A

Comments