When the dog wakes you...

I realized after the dogs 3rd trip to the bathroom this morning after 1:30am that I forgot to write my blog post yesterday. My day actually calmed down enough that I would have had time to write something. I had a great idea which I will share shortly...but for now...I am up at 4:30am and not sure I'll be able to get back to sleep.

We finally carved our pumpkins last night!

 I was going for this look...


I may have #failedit a bit...
Okay...well we got started carving the pumpkins anyway. Mine is done, but the hubby still needs to finish his. While in the midst of carving the pumpkin, I may have gotten pumpkin goop everywhere. I picked up what I could...I am not sure what the dog ate off the floor last night but after the 3rd panic rush to go out doors between about 1am and 3am this morning...I am really rethinking my choices of another aging dog in the house. So here I sit up at 4:30am...maybe I'll be one of those crazy people who go to the gym at 5am...or maybe I'll go back to sleep...this what all blog posts look like at 4:30 in the morning?

At this point, I am just staying up to make sure the dogs okay. As far as the hubby could tell she just had to pee, so I am unsure if she just really is getting that old or if she snagged something off the floor...Its possible I'm rambling.

I did pretty darn good with keeping the diet 90% clean up to Saturday. I had a few peanut butter m&m's, and the top of a cup cake Saturday night...oh my wonderful friend also made dinner. Unfortunately it did have cream cheese in it but I was still thankful she thought not to add rice.

Here's the recipe she made. Low carb, spicy, and REALLY delicious if you are consuming dairy. It is Cream Cheese Chicken Chili fairly low carb, You could easily switch the corn to carrots or another vegetable for more fiber, less net carbs. There is also this recipe I found for Paleo Cream Cheese to really make it whole/clean/Paleo.

My goal for Friday (Halloween is to keep it my first totally clean Holiday. I am going to try REALLY hard not to eat any of the candy from the caldron this week/weekend. I do have some recipes I am going to attempt for my own allergen friendly desserts. Since I am up so early I will probably make the pie before I head into work today. I found this awesome easy recipe. Crustless Mini Pumpkin Pie.
It looks easy enough. Although with the above recipe, I plan to use palm coconut sugar or possibly maple syrup instead of the sugar free substitute they suggested.

I finally did get around to pureeing one of the tiny pumpkins so I will have FRESH! Pumpkin for my pie! Here is the method from Elana's Pantry, I used to roast the squash. Super easy and worked like a charm.

OH! I do hope to make this before Friday too! Paleo Pumpkin Ice Cream! Over at Paleo Mama, she has a recipe that uses coconut milk which will keep the sugars low in this dessert. It's worth a shot I think. I will let you know as soon as I make it.

As for now the dog has seemed to finally settle and is sleeping in the open doorway. We'll see how she fairs...my poor baby. I will definitely NOT be at the gym...as its now just after 5am & my eye lids are starting to droop.

Blessings,
A

Comments