Wordy Wedensday: Set Your Mind to It

I watched a Joyce Meyer episode of 'Everyday Living' this morning. Do you ever have those days where you think "Yep. This message was meant JUST for me." It was all about setting your mind and sticking to it. About thinking like God and what is "normal" thinking for Christians.

The 2 most important things I took from the broadcast I watched were:
 1.Set your mind and stick to it.
2. It is not normal for Christians to worry. 

Joyce gave the example of if you decide to paint your house, stick to it. Do it. Don't go head out with your sister if she calls to go shopping...even if she pays. Tell her you have to get your house done today. Easier said then done right? (Of course it's a total judgement call because if my sister really needs me I would probably make her come to my house to watch me paint while she unloaded her mind. That way we both get something done...but I think you get her point.)
She also talked about exercising. If you are going to work out 3 days a week, stick to it. Joyce stated she works out Monday, Wednesday, Friday. Unless she's traveling then she will out Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday. Her brain tricked her and said "Well, you can't work out 3 days in a row, that will kill you!" She countered her negative thinking with "I do plenty of other things 3 days in a row and THAT doesn't kill me."



It was perfect. It also reminded me of how we have to trick out brains into eating things we don't like, like vegetables, and into exercising sometimes.
It's a trick we often use while running. It's only a 1 mile warm up and a 1 mile cool down, with 2 or 3 miles in between. So it's really like only running 2 miles...even though you're running 5. But it works!! We (Iron Woman and I, as well as other runners) do it all the time. I have developed a pattern when eating fresh vegetables too. I noticed this yesterday as I consumed a small veggie tray of broccoli, sugar snap peas, and carrots. I had to play on my phone to keep my mind from thinking about actually eating undressed/unsauced vegetables.
Yep! That's right! No ranch dressing for this girl, knowing it was store bought I knew there was soy in it. So I skipped the dressing and ate the veggies.

It is evident by the growing oil pits on my face that I haven't been watching my carb count as closely as I should. My mind is set to eat as clean as possible between now and Halloween. This means planning ahead and taking control. Make a smoothie every morning, pack my lunch, have my game plan through Halloween and decide that if any last minute stuff come up, I will have a protein bar that I make until I can eat a proper meal. (I am going to attempt to make protein bars tonight...that will HOPEFULLY be my NEW Recipe post for tomorrow...so stay tuned.)

The second part of Joyce's telecast that really sunk in was "It's not normal for Christians to worry."
There has got to be close to 400 bible verses about Fear, Anxiety, and Worry. (I need to do more research on that exact number.)




I stewed last night and this morning on some financial issues. What was I going to do? How was I going to pay for it? It has to be done & can't be put off any longer, my TEETH really hurt! (Or is it my jaw?)...either way...where was the money going to come from. Once I heard Joyce say "It's not normal for us to worry." I realized, she's right. One of my favorite bible verses talks about just that. Not worrying about tomorrow. If the money is meant to be there it will be there. There is always a plan, sometimes it's not easy...I still have to make 1 more phone call to get a client moved but God will provide I have no need to worry or doubt that. 

In fact as I was sitting looking at the paper work, the place I was worrying about called and gave me my options, I called the insurance people and just like that I remember there is more than one to peel a potato...(normally most people would say 'to skin a cat right' there...but that sounds NASTY!). It will all work out. I know what to expect, still need to hunker down and talk about the options but in the end it won't matter. The only thing that will is that I will be wisdom-less (just kidding...I'm only getting teeth pulled.) Seriously though the only thing that matters is that the Holidays are fast approaching and I spend that time with them and that I ENJOY the life God has given me and blessed me with. 

When we have peace of mind it's easier to take care of ourselves. Spend some time in prayer or mediation today.
Health is more than just physical, it's also emotional and spiritual too! 

Blessings Everyone, 
A


Comments