I hate it when...

You know that cold I was fighting off on Sunday & Monday? Well, often an AWESOME workout yesterday I've drawn more of it out.

So while exercising feels good...I now feel icky...again. We'll definitely need to find a humidifier this weekend for sure, I'll also need to keep poppin' the cough drops. Just so much drainage down the back of my throat. Bleck!

I unfortunately don't have a picture of the smoothie I've been concocting this week but here is the recipe:

1 cup of spinach (I have used both fresh and frozen, both work great)
1 banana
1 or 2 tbsp's of almond butter or all natural no sugar/no salt added peanut butter
1 scoop of chocolate vegan protein powder
and about 1 to 1 1/2 cups of coconut milk

It's looks nasty, because it's green but the banana and peanut butter combo plus the chocolate protein powder...I swear it's the most delicious recipe I've had in a while. It's perfectly smooth too. No chunks, it really is a smoothie consistency.

Try it, I promise you'll like.

Unfortunately I don't have the nutritional info on it, but If you are interested I will post it later today or tomorrow.

It's a shorty short post today. Here is something fun I have come across just today though, I swear by drinking lemon water. Although I don't drink it EVERY morning, it is a really good detox drink. I know someone who drinks lemon in hot water every morning. For digestive reasons & for her metabolism. Seems to work great for her.

(Check out Natural News for more fun information about natural health.)

I think I will hit the gym again this afternoon but won't over do it. 

Also, does anyone know of a dairy/gluten and soy free digestive enzyme? I am in the process of searching out products now but if anyone has a good one they recommend I am all ears.

Thanks everyone, blessings!
A

Comments

Anonymous said…
Just tell yourself it is a Saint Patrick's Day Smoothie. Spinach smoothies have become a must have around here on march 17th. :)

I used to drink lemon water every morning in hot water. Half a lemon squeezed into about 8 ounces. That year I never got sick and if I did it was so short it was a joke. I saw this on pinterest (perhaps it was you that posted it) and I remembered! I need to start doing this again.