Scrooged

Okay people, it's official, I have hit my I hate Christmas wall. I set a decent budget this year & stuck to it but I had to use the "over flow" budget...all of it. It wasn't much of an over flow budget but I had to use it anyway. Once I realized I was going to have to use it though & after traveling to 6 stores today, I'm done.

Okay, so 2 of the stores were for me to get groceries. One store was a work run, but the OTHER THREE were legitimate Christmas shopping ones.

Nothing makes me want chocolate and candy more than staring at chocolate and candy in 6 different stores. It sucks.


2 weeks till Christmas and we still have to go shopping for 4 more kids, 2 adults, and 1 white elephant party.


Amongst all the chaos is when it is most important to remember your goals. Driving into work today I was listening to one of my favorite Christian radio stations and two of the radio DJ's just happened to be talking about Bob Harper's 7 tips to Avoid Holiday Weight Gain.
It was nice to take a brain break from thinking over my list of things to do, to make, to assemble...

Here are my 3 favorites:
1. "Wear tight clothes. It's hard to keep eating when there's no room more room for your stomach to expand." I kind of thought this one was hilarious but made a lot of sense. I never really thought about how much food I eat in sweat pants versus skinny jeans. I will have to pay attention to this from on.

2. "Be the last person in the buffet. A lot of those foods will look a lot less appetizing once they have been picked through." Let the emulsification set it of the cheese dip, then tell me you still think that will feel good sitting in your guts all night. Plus then you can see what's in some of the actual dishes, you might not like something they've added to say a Traditional English Trifle, such as lady fingers, custard, and sauteed peas (Anyone? F.r.i.e.n.d.s reference!)....ughhhh which reminds me...what will I be making for Christmas this year???? UGGGHHH!!



3. "Take one plate and fill it up with whatever you want! But you only get that one plate." This is a good rule of thumb. Make sure you get something filling though too, that way you're mindful not to try and not as tempted to snack the entire night. Bob also suggests "staying at least an arms length away from the buffet table to avoid mindless eating."

He also goes on to give you some great alcohol calorie savers too. Check out the full article and video over at the Today.com

Well, I hope you haven't hit your wall yet.

I'm not a Grinch yet...but give it time.

"And then he said to them, 'Go your way. Eat the fat and drink sweet wine and send portions to anyone who has nothing ready, for this day is holy to our Lord. And do not be grieved for the joy of the Lord is in your strength."
Nehemiah 8:10

Blessings,
A

Comments

Anonymous said…
I feel you. I love Christmas but the shopping side of it gives me hives.