Sign on my back day...

"Well you know those days, where there's a sign there on your back,
 says don't mind if you kick me seems like everybody has..."
Rodney Atkins - Going Through Hell


I was having a tough day yesterday. Mentally. I wasn't intending to NOT post, but I just...couldn't. I had a lot of negative thoughts floating around in my head. 
 
My brain thought that this would be okay. 
 
I was not okay with this idea. I did everything I could think of to get out of my funk. Drank tea. Read a book. Listen to positive upbeat songs. Stayed TOTALLY away from Christmas music. I even put on some sunblock, because it reminds me summer.

The negative committee had some really horrible things to say yesterday (the one inside my head). Everything from "you're not strong enough to accomplish your dreams" to "Oh look!! The creature from the black lagoon crash landed on your face."

Does anyone else have days like this?

I stopped using the coconut oil on my face, I wasn't noticing a difference in my skin at all. I did end up at the local drug store yesterday where my day got better...I'll explain in a minute...and I bought some cetaphil. I have used it 3 times already...I like the feeling of my skin afterward, it doesn't dry it out or make it feel tight. I also started using rubbing alcohol to go over the huge cystic zits. Following it up with fresh squeezed lemon juice over the scars. (The reason for all of this is because I have to stop taking my acne medicine. In early next year we have decided to switch up my PCOS medicine & that means I have to have as much space in between the medicines as possible...ugh!)  Then finishing with the cetaphil SPF moisturizer. I've also just started praying the acne away, LOL...honestly, I didn't even think to do this before, but hey. Why not? 

The reason my trip to the drug store was a success was because I FINALLY FOUND A PROBIOTIC that doesn't have milk or whey in it!!! SUCCESS!!! I could have shouted from the rooftops how excited I was. It's from Natures Bounty, Acidophilus with Lactis. I'm hoping this takes care of any other digestive issues I might be having, because FOR REAL what else do I have to cut out of my diet to just feel normal???? LOL...this also may have been an argument from the negative committee as well.
I have gone back to cutting out added sugar again...so far so good. It's the hardest thing to do! But I am finding more awesome recipes that fit into my diet...such as this one from Nom Nom Paleo, Cinnamon Coconut Pancakes! They are amazing and turned out perfect. I covered mine in almond butter! I also had it with 4 egg whites, 3 slices of applegate Sunday bacon, with salsa & sauteed diced onion.
My goal is to eat NO ADDED sugar between now and Christmas. I have even been reading labels & if it says Cane Sugar, I skip it and look for a product that doesn't have sugar in it. Anything to figure out this acne thing. 
 
Anyway...that's enough complaining...(If it helps you, as it does me) I read over 1 Peter last night, there are some really good verses in there that helped remind me that someday I will know and understand the message behind my mess or the meaning of the trials I've been walking. It did help bring some light to my night.  
 


Reminded me of a running quote Iron Woman sent me...



See, I told you running was life :)

I haven't been doing a great job on keeping up on the Plankmas Challenge, I decided tonight before bed I will do a 1min 30 second plank...which is supposed to be day 17. If I can hold it for that long, I will pick up with today, but if I can't I will start with however long I held it and add up from there.
I'll let you know how it goes tomorrow. OH! I also found some AWESOME PALEO CHRISTMAS RECIPES FOR NEXT WEEK!!!
(Sorry for shouty capitals, I'm just REALLY excited!)
Otherwise, tonight...I'm looking forward to an early bedtime.

Also, I know it's SUPER hard to fit in a solid fitness routine right now. If you know anyone in college, they might be graduating right now, or just basic Holiday nonsense...do yourself a favor and do something simple. Tonight for fitness, I achieved 30mins of dancing to the game Just Dance 2 on my Wii, yes I felt like a total nerd but by song 6, I almost did one more song...but I needed to get dinner started...or rather brinner as it ended up being with the paleo pancakes. Pure deliciousness. As for now, I am going to bed with a better mindset, and a full happy belly.

Goodnight everyone, be well.
Blessings,
A

Comments

Anonymous said…
So glad you found something!