Paleo Chocolate Chip Donuts!

I made these amazing donuts on Thursday night. They, unfortunately, were not "husband approved" but I keep picking at them, so tomato/toMATo on whether you will like them.

I found them over at The Raw Food Diet. They taste almost like dense banana bread. Still pretty equally delicious.

Ingredients: (I tweaked mine but check out the link above for the original recipe)
  • 6 eggs
  • 4 Tablespoons coconut oil, slightly melted
  • 4 Tablespoons almond milk
  • 6 Tablespoons of pure maple syrup or agave
  • 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
  • 1/2 cup coconut flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon tapioca flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
  • 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
  • 2 ripe bananas
  • 1/2 cup enjoy life chocolate chips
Beat eggs, add everything EXCEPT the bananas and chocolate chips. My batter was a bit lumpy but turned out okay after cooking in our donut maker. (Original recipe has you cook them in the oven.)  Gently fold in bananas, once blended, add chocolate chips.
You will need either a donut pan OR a donut maker in order to make these guys.






I left some plain for the hubs...but again he didn't eat them :( BOO! Okay, so they aren't the best pictures but super worth the taste.

Alright I am off to go feed the man.

Blessings everyone,
A

Comments