Thirsty Thursday Smoothie

Today's super healthy smoothie is brought to you by an awesome avocado! This recipe was inspired by a Vega Protein Powder Smoothie I happened upon yesterday. I don't know if you've ever put an avocado in your smoothies before, but after freezing mine last night I can tell you for certain that using an avocado, that healthy fat we all need, made my smoothie (after freezing) taste like the best healthy ice cream, I've had in a VERY long time!

Ingredients:
1 scoop chocolate protein powder of your choice
1 tbsp carob powder
2 tsp of agave nectar
1 cup ice
1 1/2 cup of unsweetened almond milk
1 small avocado (or 1/2 cup/little less)

Place all ingredients in a blender, blend until smooth, serve & enjoy. 1 serving. (Calories/Info reflected are from using SunWarrior Raw Vegan Protein Powder)
Calories 279
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 26 g 41 %
Saturated Fat 3 g 15 %
Monounsaturated Fat 16 g
Polyunsaturated Fat 3 g
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg 0 %
Sodium 699 mg 29 %
Potassium 796 mg 23 %
Total Carbohydrate 30 g 10 %
Dietary Fiber 4 g 18 %
Sugars 22 g
Protein 23 g 46 %
Vitamin A 18 %
Vitamin C 24 %
Calcium 71 %
Iron 17 %

 Mine came out a little watery as my blender isn't the greatest at well...blending. I stored it in a left over plastic malt powder container we had over night. That might have been to long as it was frozen solid in the morning, but this smoothie was perfect. For some reason making my own ice cream has been only "okay". The just lack a certain creamy thickness to them as regular ice cream does. 

I do have to tell you though that I was so into this smoothie that I didn't even think about taking a picture, so...You'll just have to take my word for it that it was the most amazing smoothie ever!

On another note, last night I was going to attempt to make this awesome breakfast sweet potato skillet...unfortunately I didn't get a chance too as my coffee date with a friend ran late. I do want to mention that while it sounds delicious and is absolutely paleo, be careful if you are low carbing it. In total a single serving had 75 carbs in it. Not great for us PCOSers, or people who just want to cut carbs, or diabetics.
My suggestion would be to take the sweet potato down to 1/2 a potato and only 1 zucchini. And to cut down on fat use only about 3 slices of bacon and use egg whites instead of whole eggs. Either way, when I do actually try it, I'll let you know, but if you get to it before I do, I just wanted to warn you.



Blessings everyone! Enjoy your thirsty Thursday, you won't regret it!

A

Comments