Weekly Wednesday Meal Planning

Nothing super inspiring today, for my typical wordy Wednesday post :(. Today I am sharing my "weekly" menu (I shop Wednesday to Wednesday)...mostly because I can't wait to eat it all! LOL, I love food! I love cooking good food. I especially love cooking food that's EASY & healthy & doesn't require me to spend copious amounts of time in the kitchen. Don't get me wrong I enjoy chopping, dicing, slicing, and cooking, sauteing, and baking...but I just don't always have time for it.

This week's menu is a composition of last weeks + a few new things...mostly because I thought I had lost my menu...turns out it was just in my wallet.
I always plan my meals by writing down what I need on one side and then writing the menu down on the other. That way, if I wonder why I am buying 3 packages of mixed bell peppers, I'll be able to count how many times I need them from the menu on the other side.

Today: my for breakfast 4 egg whites, an apple + 1/4 cup quinoa + 1/2 tsp almond extract and 2 tsp ground cinnamon. That's really just to hold me for a few hours then I typically will have a smoothie after I get to work.
I discovered an awesome smoothie recipe, I froze it over night so I am waiting till it thaws, I will let you know how it tastes tomorrow for Thirsty Thursday New Recipe!
Lunch will be left over hamburger soup. (To make paleo & low carb skip the potatoes)
Dinner: Breakfast Skillet Sweet Potato with Bacon

Thursday 22:
B: Chocolate Pumpkin Protein Pancakes...I think I have perfected it!
1 scoop protein powder of your choice. I use Raw Vegan Sunwarroir, chocolate, it's very thick!
1 egg
1 tsp stevia (to make paleo use agave nectar--I went low carb)
1 tsp cinnamon
about 2-3 tablespoons of unsweetened almond milk
1/4cup canned pumpkin puree

Mix together while skillet heats at a 375 degree temp. Melt coconut oil on skillet, then drop 1/4 cup of mixture onto melted oil. Let it completely brown on one side, then flip. So good! I top it with 2 tbsp of almond butter & 1/2 cup mixed berries.

L: Spicy Cauliflower Stir fry. I plan to add grilled chicken, also instead of soy sauce use coconut aminos.
D: Paleo Slow Cooker Chicken (Otherwise known as salsa chicken)

Friday 23:
B: 4 Eggs whites, 1 Jonathan Apple + 2tbsp almond butter (smoothie after I get to work)
L: Left over Salsa Chicken
D: Sweet Potato Sloppy Joes

Saturday 24:
B:4 Eggs whites, 1 Jonathan Apple + 2tbsp almond butter (smoothie)
L: No Mayo Cilantro Chicken Salad
D: I am going to have a cheat meal with a friend. I'll keep it gluten free, but I do plan to have a little cheese. I'll need to make sure to watch my carbs though.

Sunday 25:
B: PCOS Breakfast cookies + 4 egg whites
L: I will be out of Town Sunday, I will either pack a lunch/bring left overs or stop at Chiptole on my way home.  I pretty much always order the same thing at Chiptole. Chicken Salad bowl. No dressing, double the meat, add the fajita peppers, and top with guacamole. Then I'm ready to go! No chips or a drink...well...okay...water...if I'm feeling like I need a treat or a cheat I will get a diet coke...AAAHH!! Not very often though.
D: Spaghetti Squash Pad Thai

Monday 26:
B: PCOS Breakfast Cookies + 4 egg whites
L: Left Over Pad Thai
D: Killer BBQ Pork Ribs

Tuesday 27:
B: Chocolate Protein Pancakes (See Thursday 22)
L: Tuna Salad, I will skip the cherry tomatoes though...not really my thing.
D: Chili

Wednesday 28:
B: PCOS Breakfast Cookies + 4 egg whites
L: Basil Avocado Chicken Salad
D: Slow Cooker Chicken Enchilada Soup

Thursday 29:
B: PCOS Breakfast Cookies + 4 egg whites
L: Left Over slow cooker chicken enchilada soup
D: Tuesday 27's Left Over Chili

Snacks consist of: Hard boiled eggs, pumpkin seeds, Oberta Jerky, sliced simple organic truth turkey, heart healthy mixed nuts, various smoothies with protein powder and almond milk.

Desserts: If I get a sweet tooth, or a craving I can't fend off I have plenty of frozen king Arthur brownies, pumpkin bars, and so delicious cookies & cream gluten free/coconut ice cream.

So, if you look closely at the menu I have 5 left over meals planned. 1 batch cooking of cookies. Serves 12 I'll eat 2 a day over 6 days. The rest will be things I have left over in the pantry/fridge from last week + a few new items.
I can't wait to try some of these new recipes...

Here's what my list to the store looks like



Hope you enjoy some of these meals as much as I do! Let me know if you also have some awesome meals planned for the up coming week, I love swapping recipes with people!

Enjoy & Blessings,
A


Comments