New Recipe Thursday

Every recipe I meant to post yesterday. I stuck with the artichoke chicken recipe from yesterday but instead of baking it I stuck in the crock pot with store bought organic chicken broth. Chicken was dry, but not bad. I would make it again but definitely bake it next time. I did also have to figure out how to cut & prepare an artichoke.


Isn't technology grand?

Green Apple Breakfast Sausage:
Ingredients:
1lb ground beef, pork, or turkey. (I used turkey but think I will use pork next time)
1/2 chopped and peeled (I didn't peel my apple and it turned out fine) green apple
(Combine below ingredients and use 2 tbsp of it to add to the turkey and the apple.
1 tsp sea salt (I did not add salt)
1 tbsp ground fennel seeds
1 tbsp ground sage
1 tbsp granulated
1 tbsp oion powder
1/4 tsp white pepper

 Heat coconut oil on stove (I used olive oil), form meat into 8 patties. Fry on both sides till cooked all the way through. My sausage patties are not pretty...I did not take a picture of them, but rest assured they're not to bad. I think getting used to a bland/bitter flavor for 21 days might be hard, but I'm willing to give it go. I have been having 2 in the morning with 4 egg whites and boy howdy does that fill me up and keep me full until lunch. Protein, protein, PROTEIN!

Herb Crackers...working on making these right now!

Ingredients:
1 cup almond meal (I use store bought)
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1 tbsp rosemary and chives (You can use whatever herbs you would like, this is what the book suggested and I went with it.)
black pepper to taste
1 egg beaten

Turn oven onto 350 F degrees. Put all ingredients in a large bowl. Use a fork to combine the ingredients until it becomes crumbly, then using your hands form a ball, wrap in plastic wrap. Place in fridge for 20-30mins.
(I don't have the parchment paper the book suggests so I plan to use either roll mine out use my fingers to press it flat as best as I can.)
Remove the ball from the fridge and place between 2 sheets of parchment paper. Roll it out gently with a rolling pin.

Use a knife or cookie cutter to make cracker shapes. Place cracker dough onto baking sheet and bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until golden brown.
Allow the crackers to cool before serving.

Both recipes are from Diane Sanflipippo's book 21 Day Sugar Detox Book. Check out the website for more recipes! I did not realize that in order to really get into the program, it's best and recommended to have the membership. You can find more information here.

I am going to hold off on sharing the coco-monkey smoothie. Right now I've tried it twice with carob powder and it is NOT GOOD! LOL

I need to try the Almond Avo-Nana Smoothie before I post the recipe.

This is the general guideline I will be following starting Monday March 2nd.



Blessings Everyone,
Another late night and I'm about to drop. Working on those crackers those...I'll let you know how they turn out.
Blessings,
A

Comments