Saturday's Workout:: Lack of Motivation...attempted bodyweight training

It was all I could do to even attempt to get some motivation today. Out late for a great night playing Texas Hold 'Em (Well learning to play) at Iron Woman's house & then up early for work...I am exhausted.

I could go on and on about why I didn't or couldn't motivate myself to work out. I did very briefly convince myself that I was going to go home, change into work out clothes, and go to the gym.

I thought "well, I have energy to do something, but not a lot. I could lift but I don't know that I would be able to give it my all." Or rather whatever I had left over at the end of a busy day. "I definitely don't have energy for a HIIT workout this afternoon...I could go to the gym, ride the bike, read a book." 

But with the impending snow...I thought maybe a workout at home.

Literally, a 30 minute conversation with myself on and off trying to remind myself why I keep exercising.
1. Controlling my blood sugars for my PCOS
2. To tone and tighten loose muscle.
3. I feel good afterward

Check out Tribe Sports for more fun benefits on exercising.

After a quick call to the hubby, who greatly expressed just relaxing a hunkering down for the night, I decided a quick at home workout was going to be my best bet. While I figured out where I was exercising, I still wasn't motivated!

Sometimes you really do just have to FORCE yourself to workout. I headed over to pinterest, where all the best information lies, and pasted together my workout for tonight. As well as stopped over at Insta motivation or some inspiration.

I did the same at home exercise I completed last Friday. An inner thigh and glute toning exercise. As well as a crossfit sit up...now this is interesting.

That sit up, is crazy. Just a little anyway...especially when you're unmotivated.I also followed the workout with 10 low impact burpees.

Totally free workout. No weights involved other than your body weight! Check out Greatist for 13 Legit Reasons to Start Body Weight Training as well as their list for body weight training you can do at home!



 I think I am going to attempt to do each of these exercises! This is a great list! Very exciting!
For now, it's a now of black and white Alfred Hitchcocks, letting the snow fall, and eating breakfast for dinner!

Inspired by the Tomato Basil Egg Bake from Balanced Bites the 21 Day Sugar Detox

8 eggs whisked in a bowl
8 slices of bacon
2 cups broccoli (The recipe calls for spinach, but I used the last of ours earlier this week wahwahhh)
12 red cherry tomatoes
Use the left over bacon grease about 2 tbsp
2 cloves of crushed garlic
1 green onion, chopped
1 tsp black pepper

(Look at the deliciousness!)

Preheat oven to 375. I am going to use the griddle to fry my bacon and let the grease collect in the...grease catcher...thing...lol...cook approximately 8 to 10 minutes, my bacon cooks fast due to the brand I buy, it's probably only about 5 minutes. It also depends on if you enjoy crispy bacon or softer. Dealers choice on how well done you like it.

In the mixing bowl with the whisked eggs, add in the garlic, black pepper, basil, green onion, until well combined. Add spinach or broccoli.

Grease a 9 by 11-inch baking dish with the left over bacon fat, then pour the egg mixture into the pan. Top with bacon tomatoes and cooked bacon.

Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or until the egg bake is puffs up and becomes golden brown on the edges...

ENOUGH WRITING! TIME FOR EATING!!!

Blessings everyone, hope you have a great Saturday night everyone!

A

Comments