Weekly Menu Planning AKA my slow process of cutting sugar

I will let you know as soon as I am done with the 21 Day Sugar Detox Book. The recipes are looking amazing but I am still combing through the book & soaking up all the knowledge I can. My menu planning will be compromised of a few 21 Day Sugar Detox recipes and a few things on the "No list" for level 3 eaters with energy modifications which are on the The 'No' list. So I can have tapioca flour & sweet potatoes, yay! But not chick peas or black beans...only one of which are on my menu this "week".

All in an effort to not have sugar! It's hard to think about not eating honey, maple syrup, or coconut sugar, or even agave nectar..."but they're natural!" It's worth shot anyway, so I'm going for it. This morning was a true test...I had steal cut gluten free oatmeal, with 1/2 tbsp earth balance spread (Not paleo or anything of the like.) a dash of cinnamon, 1 small Jonathan apple. Very small. And some unsweetened almond milk & 1 tbsp of flax seed. With four egg whites fried in coconut oil. It was delicious. Pretty decent in macro and micro nutrients as well.
474 calories, 59g carbs (this is the TOP end of a low carb diet), 19g fat, 21g protein, not sure where you stand on sodium but its 302mg, 13g of sugar all from the apple!
I will probably eat this again!

Okay! Onto menu planning...this next week's menu planning...(I basically plan for the week ahead--so this week consists of the end of this week & the beginning of next)

Also...my meal planning this week was a bit pitiful...I have some holes in the week, but I am sure I will find something awesome to fill it with.


Fri. 20st:
B: Cinnamon Coconut Pancakes with eggs and Sunday Bacon (Mrs. America is in town & I can't wait to cook her breakfast!!
AMsnack: Sweet Potato Chips with Avocado Hummus
L: Chicken Wrap...I'm OBSESSED!! This thing is so awesome I can't stop eating it.
PMsnack: Larabar (Yes I know...sugar. Its a slow process though, remember? LOL...plus I have just a few more at my house...excuses, excuses!)
D: Mini-Mexi-Meatloves hoping to make enough to have for left overs on Sat.
Exercise: Lifting if there is time after work

Sat. 21:
B: Green Apple Breakfast Sausage + egg whites (I'll use ground turkey though instead of chicken, feel free to use whatever meat you prefer) Depending on calories I may add in something else to tie me over until snack time...such as a small bowl of oatmeal
I'm still trying to figure out the rest of Saturday's meals...might be a fly by the seat of my pants kind of day!
There was a sale for 3 cans of tuna for $1, but after reading the ingredients I learned there was soy in the product...so I opted out of that & am now having to rethink a few days...this being one of them.
Exercise: Lift

Sun. 22:
B: Same as Sat again...depending on calories I may add in something else to tie me over until snack time...
AMsnack: Pineapple + hard boiled egg whites
L: Chicken Wrap
PMsnack: Sweet Potato Chips with avocado hummus
D: Chicken Pot Pie (After two weeks I'll finally be able to make it!)
Exercise: Run if it's nice, otherwise DVD workout

Mon. 23th:
B: Same
AMsnack: Grapes & hard boiled egg whites

L: Left Overs

PMsnack: Coco-Monkey Smoothie
1/4 avocado
1 cup almond milk
1 green-tipped banana frozen
3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder (I am going to use Carob Powder.)
2 tablespoons almond meal...not sure if this is the same as almond flour? I just plan on using almond flour so I'll let you know how it turns out....
pinch of cinnamon

D: Artichoke Pesto Chicken Bake (I'm skipping the olives but adding pesto! It just sounds delicious! Here's how to make Paleo Pesto if you have time.)
Exercise: Lift

Tues. 24th:
B:Same
AMsnack:Pineapple and Hard Boiled egg whites
L: Left overs
PMsnack: Sweet potato chips with the avocado hummus
D: Shredded BBQ Chicken (I'll post the recipe next week) with broccoli
Exercise: Lift

Wed. 25th:
B: Apple Streusel Egg Muffins need to check carb count on these...but I will probably have two with egg whites
AMsnack: Grapes and Hard Boiled egg whites
L: left overs
PMsnack: Another coco-monkey smoothie
D: Tomato Basil Quiche with Bacon and Spinach  here's the nutritional data but it doesn't say how to put it together.
Exercise: Yoga

Thurs. 26:
B: Same as Wed 25
AMsnack: Larabar
L: Chiptole (I'll be out for a marketing event...so I'll have to stop somewhere.)
PMsnack: Pumpkin Seeds and Baby carrots
D: Left Overs, if there are some, otherwise...BREAKFAST!
Exercise: Rest

My meal planning this week wasn't great...but the house is clean. LOL...the troubles of a modern day woman. 

I think the purpose of me sharing my meal planning with you is this...no matter what crazy adventure I try next...(although after this one, I think I'm just sticking to what I'm going to call a 'Me Friendly Diet' ((That makes me sound like a cave woman! "uuh! Me...Friendly...Me...Friend...uuh!")) ...the purpose is, to plan your meals ahead. Keep it clean. Whether you eat dairy or not, whether you are full on Paleo or not...whether you eat meat or not (you get my point).

When you invest the time into your health planning, your goals, you'll get more out of it. You'll feel accomplished. Once you start seeing results you'll want to keep pushing forward. 

My purpose isn't to say EAT LIKE ME!!! It's to say "Look...this is hard, it takes a lot of work, but I'm invested in me, in my health, in my future."
What could you sacrifice to plan ahead? To set those goals?

I mostly meal plan on Tuesday night/Wednesday mornings after the ads come out. It's what fits best in my schedule, where I'm at. Who cares if you have to cut coupons while you watch TV or if you think of something at work? Jot it down, Make it make sense in your life.
Plan ahead though. You'll look more forward to healthy delicious meals when you plan them out & you know it's something you'll like! I promise you'll get so used to it that you'll be bummed when you don't get to eat what you planned! It will also be weird how your taste buds change as you continue to try new things. To fail at some but get better at others!

This is hard. But it's also worth it.


Blessings,
A

Comments