Not So Sweet Oat Banana Cookies

I was really in the mood to bake. I figured I would take a stab at the 21 Day Sugar Detox Un-Sweet Coconut Flake cookies...or what she calls "The not sweet cinnamon cookies"

Unfortunately to my dismay, the coconuts I did have in my cabinet were sweetened. Don't worry, I actually read the label, so I didn't go through the entire process of making them only to then read the label. So, I had to find a substitution for the coconut flakes. I decided on Bob's Redmill gluten free steel cut oats.

The combination was just what I needed. The smell of cinnamon and oats filled the kitchen. It was great.



They were easy to throw together. I love when cooking & baking can be simple.

Ingredients:
1/4 cup mashed green-tipped banana (approximately 1 small banana) I accidentally used an entire medium-ish banana, so no worries if you over-do it on the banana, they do come out more muffin like, but does not affect flavor.
2 eggs
2 teaspoons coconut oil (Or unsalted butter-melted)
1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
1 tbsp coconut flour
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 cup steel cut gluten free oats (Or unsweetened shredded coconut--I'm not sure if oats are 21dsd compliant, but better than using something sugar filled.)
(Pinch of sea salt) which I did not add

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.

Using a mixing bowl, whisk together (I just used a fork!) the banana, eggs, coconut oil (or the butter), and the vanilla extract. Sift the coconut flour & cinnamon over the egg mixture and stir to combine. Mix in the oats. (If not using oats use the shredded unsweetened coconut and salt).

Spoon the cookies onto the prepared baking sheet in 8 evenly shaped dollops, then flatten with a fork. Bake until golden brown for approximately 15minutes.

I will post two more recipes this weekend, both very easy, 1 breakfast recipe,and 1 new hummus recipe!

Blessings everyone,  I will post again this weekend!
A







Comments