Vegan Breakfast Style

I have the tendency to want to eat a lot of the same thing. When I first started my diet two years ago, it was hard to find things that fit into what I should be eating. So when I tried something, and loved it...I ate it till I was sick of it.

I have had a lot of egg whites lately. Probably for the last couple months or so. 4-5 egg whites every morning. While I LOVE egg whites, I suddenly and randomly have been missing cereal...of all things. 

I attempted to seek some out that were gluten free, but alas, they contained soy. Enjoy life has some decent brands of cereal, might look into getting those at some point, but I ended up buying a hot cereal instead. Ancient Grains Quinoa Flakes. Cooks in 90 seconds after adding to boiling water.
It's a quick easy breakfast that you can top with anything you like.



I've been looking into more vegan friendly meals lately.


I think it would just be nice to incorporate some awesome, really health, clean, meals I can feel good about it. Don't get me wrong, I still really like meat, but for now I'm looking into more vegan breakfasts...my apologies to all my vegan friends.

With that said, for about the last few weeks I've been researching Gluten Free, Soy Free, low carb, high protein vegan meals. Sort of a tall order. When I asked some of my vegan loving friends they were confused by the low carb part. The truth is, I'm tired of counting all my carbs. It gets hard. It's frustrating but I do really need to continue to keep an eye on it for my PCOS. So what's a girl to do?

I can tell you for sure the vegan breakfast I've had for the last few days has really fit that bill! 1/3 cup Quinoa flakes, 2 tbsp (of you butter of choice--mine falls anywhere between almond butter and PB2), 1 scoop vegan protein powder, and 1 chopped red delicious apple. As well as a few dash's of cinnamon. It's a great meal!

(Sort of looks like poridge)

Depending on the nut butter you use, it's generally around 50 carbs, which FUELS me for a great work out. Depending on the workout, I'm not starving after I eat this. 30 grams of protein.
30 grams?? Of protein?? That's amazing for a breakfast meal. It doesn't upset my stomach, it's not heavy, it fuels me-as I stated above.
This meal really got me to thinking about what are some other really high protein vegan breakfasts? While I'm still doing some research...unless you can send me some more amazing recipes, here are the ones I have found and will be willing to try.

Peanut butter Banana Oat Breakfast Cookies from watching what I eat

Smoothies also make a great vegan breakfast if you add in the right vegan protein powder and either coconut or almond milk.

Jumbo Chickpea Pancake from Oh She Glows

Chocolate Chip Protein Pancakes from One Green Planet (Will have to swap whole wheat for coconut flour)

I will definitely be trying this recipe soon! Especially now that I know how to make coconut whipped cream.

Alright everyone, time for me to get out of here.
Blessings,
A

Comments