COOKIES!!!

I had an awesome client bring me palm shortening. I was pretty stoked because she had talked to me about using the recipe from Against all grain for Chocolate chip cookies. She swore up and down that this was the best paleo friendly, grain free, allergen friendly (minus nuts) friendly recipe there is. I got the shortening on Thursday now that I've finally had some free time, I got the chance to bake this morning!

Although, I wasn't totally sure what Palm shortening was...so of course I googled it.  Palm shortening is palm oil that has some of its unsaturated fats removed, giving it a very firm texture, and high melting point. The melting point of our Organic Palm Shortening is 97 degrees F., making it very shelf stable. It is NOT hydrogenised, and contains NO trans fats!
And it's totally Paleo!

Head over to Against All Grain for the most amazing recipe ever! I plan to make these again and again. My mom even loved them!
The only ingredient I modified was using 1/2cup enjoy life chocolate chips instead the separate kinds she used, but that was because that was all I had on hand.


I also modified the pumpkin muffin recipe I used earlier last week, as I still had some opened pumpkin 
puree to use up! I'll share the recipe tomorrow, where I'll also go over the importance of baking for a PCOS diet.

Today's comforting bible verse:



Sorry tonight's post is super short. I was having issues with my laptop again! Booo!
Blessings,
A

Comments