Memorial Day

While I didn't get to do the Murph this year in honor the Fallen through doing a physical activity I was able too spend it with those who are my heroes.

10 years ago I remember having a conversation with my dad about how I feel bad that I am having a good day while I know there are people over seas fighting for my country and dying. How can I be happy when other people are suffering?

My father replied, "They died so that you can enjoy your freedom. That you could have a good day."

It's always stuck with me.

Honoring those by remembering them, honoring those by spending time with those I treasure most. Soaking up every moment I can with them. Today was a good day, because someone sacrificed for me.


Thank you to the families who endured. Thank you to the those who served.


Thank you.
A

Comments