Michael Phelps wasnt a runner

Okay, so he might have run...for training purposes, but he wasn't "paid" to run. But he wasn't obsessed with it, like he was swimming.

We all see how "cut" he is. He had to mostly healthy to be able to perform to such high standards to be in the Oylimpics afterall...but running, was not the be all, end all of his profession.


Earlier today, a client of mine was talking about how while they enjoyed walking and REALLY wanted it to be their form of exercise, their body just couldn't take it. So they decided that swimming would be the next best alternative. You're more buyant in the water, less stress on your joints but you can still get in a great heart pounding exercise. That's why there's water aerobics classes!

My mom, she really enjoys Jazzercise. And she's looking GREAT! 

My sister, whose recently lost 40lbs, loves biking! She's also watching her caloric intake but doing it the smart way, because she allows herself to not be depraved of the things she loves. 


People constantly tell me, "I wish I could learn to love it like you do". You can, like I did. I really did fall in love with it. It was a slow progression but I don't think I would be who I am without having learned the sport of running. It also took me 3 years in order for me to call myself an actual "runner". I wasn't a fast runner at first, but I got better. 

People think that running is an automatic trick to losing weight. It's not. It can HELP you lose weight, but it's not the be all end of getting fit and staying healthy. 

Do what you love to do. Find what speaks to you. If you don't enjoy it, you're not going to go back to doing it. Whether it's yoga, biking, swimming, or dancing your booty off, you do have to move. But you might as well enjoy what you do.

After all, Michael Phelps wasn't a runner ya'll. He did what he loved to do. And he kept at it and worked hard for it. 

You can do it to.

Blessings, 
A


Comments