Vega Smoothie and Tonight's Dinner

It felt great to get back to the gym today. I did a pretty heavy leg day & loved/hated every minute of it. I know I will pretty sore tomorrow, I'm drinking my water--so working on not being stiff.

Before I came home last night, I ran out to whole foods and picked up a package of Vega Protein Powder. I bought the Choc-a-lot protein smoothie mix.

I can't even begin to explain how delicious this was. The pack I bought said to mix it in with water but I added mine to almond milk last night after the hubby & I went for a run. It was creamy and delicious, and mixed really well into the liquid. Other protein powders I've tried are gritty and don't mix well. They taste pretty good but I have a feeling Vega Protein just ruined all other protein powders for me. 



This morning I wanted to make it up to the gym for an early morning lifting session. I made a Vega Choc-a-lot peanut butter banana smoothie. It was tasty! I was pretty full up until just before I had to leave to go to an early morning event. The price was pretty decent, considering the incredible ingredients it has in it, pea protein, hemp protein...click the link to see more of the ingredients. 

I'm going to spend the next few days being mindful of my diet but not obsessive. I've decided...starting tomorrow...I'm going to try to not log my food for a couple days. Just keep a running count of how many carbs I'm consuming per meal and throughout the day. Hoping it goes well.

I'm very much looking forward to tonight's dinner! Paleo Sloppy Joe, check it out over at Paleo Newbie, I'll be skipping the sweet potato tonight, but the recipe seems easy and I can't wait to eat it. 


Alright, back to work I go. 


Blessings, 
A

Comments