Weekly Menu Planning

When you deal with any health issue such as PCOS, diabetes, heart burn, digestive track issues, food allergies, etc...the best thing you can do for your health is plan ahead with good healthy food. It's one of the main reasons I do my best to stick to my weekly meal plans. Plus it can save money in the long run when you know exactly what your cooking!




I've been doing a decent job of counting my carbs and I'm determined to take off the 5 pounds I gained during my month off. Not only is it good for my PCOS to control carbs but it helps me feel better controlling what I eat. 

I don't do tons of batch cooking. Mostly breakfast food, this morning I made gluten free french toast. I only need two pieces (44 carbs--not net). I made 6 pieces wrapped the other 4 pieces and are now in the fridge ready to be popped in the toaster over the next two days. I'd like to try batch cooking at some point, but my schedule hasn't allowed it. 

Here's my meal plan for the next week or so.


Lunch- Paleo Chicken Salad, Turkey Burgers and Spaghetti Squash (I make the turkey recipe--but after cooking the squash I top both with Simple Sugar Free Marinara and sometimes finish it with nutritional yeast.) , Shredded Salsa Chicken, Vegan Cauliflower Pizza (I'll try to post my full recipe later...this is the link to the crust), Broiled Chicken with Green Beans, Bacon, and hard boiled eggs.

Dinner- Broiled Salmon with vegetables and a side (Either Paleo Dinner Rolls or Vegan Mashed Cauliflower) Broiled Chicken with vegetable and a side, 21 Day Sugar Detox Mini Mexi Meatloaf, Slow Cooker Chicken Chili, (Some of these will be left overs)

Snacks- Baby carrots, Green beans, Roasted Chick Peas, Almond Butter + Fruit, Protein Shake, Hard Boiled Eggs, and Almonds + Grapes.

That is my week this week...I love meal planning, mostly because it gets me excited about food. The things I get to create and make. Find joy in cooking and baking and you'll be able to find healthy recipes that fit into your lifestyle. When you get excited about making your own meals it will be that much easier to stick to a healthy lifestyle. 
You'll actually look forward to fish! Unless fish isn't your thing. Of course there will be trial and error during your journey. I've had a lot of misses, but try something at least once and then mark it off your list if you don't like it. Don't get hung up on the fact that you don't like edamame or kale...or brussel sprouts or fish, just keep trying new things to figure out what you like.

Anyway, I have to get going...I'm going to attempt to hobble through a small run today...I jammed my pinky toe and it's all purple now...we'll see, might just end up walking the dog. 




Blessings, 
A

Comments