This Ones For the Ladies

While I'm very encouraged to start my mini version of the Whole 30, I've also been using this week as an excuse to eat a bunch of candy.

Wah wah wahhhhh

The first pitfall I've landed in is that I know I'll be starting my detox next week so I've been doing the WORST thing I could probably do which is try and eat all the bad things in the house versus throwing them away, lol! I laugh at my own misguidedness.

I had 1 treat today and I'll have 1 more treat tomorrow. Saturday will be my full cheat day but Sunday Nov 1st through the 21st I will be in total detox mode.

I must confess I had a spectacular cheat day yesterday for one main reason though...


Probably more information then you wanted to know sitting behind your keyboard and reading about my life, but there you go.

Yep, ladies, I started my cycle yesterday. It also happened to coincidence with National Chocolate Day. So, I took that as a sign and just ate everything. Everything chocolaty. It helped my morale but I know in my brain that it wasn't good for my body.

So what's a girl to do?

I found a great post over at The Organic Beauty Blog, entitled Eating for a Perfect Period






She has incredible, easy tips for each phase of your cycle. Who knew flax seed could be a mood booster? I've already started adding some to my Paleo Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread for breakfast every morning. You may also want to skip that glass of wine, as bad as you want it can increase bleeding, cramps, headaches, and fatigue. (Sounds just like a really bad hangover!)


You have to check out this hilarious video of a girl 'faking' her first period. I'm begging Ms. America to do this for her daughter some day. I told her I would check yes on the RSVP.




I'm doing my best to keep the 80/20 rule in mind. I felt minor guilt for the chocolate I consumed already today. I said no to a healthy no bake pumpkin cookie, and then realized...grapes would have been the perfect way to get my sugar in, instead of the chocolate. I want to be honest with you and tell you that this journey of weight loss is hard. Maintaining it is hard! But being unhappy with how you feel and look is also HARD! You have to choose your hard. I may not have the perfect body. I'm a bit pear shaped and my legs have the cellulite bumps, but it's my body and I get to live in it. I should treat it right. I should love it, and take care of it. Own it. Be proud of it.

(Photo credit in photo)

You are a woman. Be proud! Do what you have to do to get to where you want to be. But be healthy about it. There's no victory in skipping meals. There is victory in prayer, in gym workouts, in pretty dresses, or your favorite pair of jeans. Where there is beauty. Concentrate on those things. Concentrate on grapes, on lean meat, and sweaty workouts, hill runs, on zumba, on jazzercise, on meal planning. Concentrate on biking, and chicken, and taking the stairs versus the elevator. 

Victory is yours for the taking, fight for it.



Alright, I'm out. Blessings Everyone, 
A

Comments