#BodyPositive #FacePositive #SelfLove

My blogging habits haven't gotten much better. Still pretty hit and miss right now. Saturday and Sunday were jammed packed and Monday, well...Monday was not a good day.

Sunday, I was THAT pet mom. Took my girl to get her pictures taken with Santa. Got a great snap of her, but won't have the actual photos for a couple weeks.


She's the best dog ever.

Switching gears,
I'm officially on day 10 of my detox. WHAT? How did that happen? Can't believe I'm pretty much half way through my own mini whole 30. That's bananas. I've gotten really good at saying no to sugar. Yesterday I cruised the big box store with the mister, while we were there-there were quite a few sample stations. It almost seemed like there was one in every aisle. One particular sample was of butternut squash. The woman toted about how organic it was.

That's all well and good, but what did you put on it?

Maple syrup and cinnamon!

No thanks!

My dedication must know no bounds.

Let's talk about yesterday though. As this is a journey not just about losing weight, but a journey of total health. Mentally, spiritually, and of course physically.

Yesterday, I don't know if it's the detox or I'm OVER washing my face, or my PCOS, OR WHAT the deal is, but yesterday I woke up and the bathroom mirror tired to tell me that I was ugly and inadequate to participate in life. So, while my face isn't the WORST it's ever been, it's still very discouraging. Buzzfeed created this awesome list "26 Very Real Struggles Anyone With Acne Will Understand" that spoke to me on some many levels yesterday. And this one! "15 Things People With Adult Acne Know to be True" it's fun to chuckle and realize that I'm not alone.

"Stand firm against him (Satan), and be strong in your faith. Remember that your Christian brothers and sisters all over the world are going through the same kind of suffering you are."
1st Peter 5:9

Feeling very self conscious of my spots I applied the war paint to my pock marked, acne scared skin and went about my day. I did my best to square my shoulders and just remember that God made me perfect in his image.


I don't have a lifters body, or even a runners body. I have MY body. The one that can run 4 miles, skid down steep hills, and run through a stream without flinching. 


(Pops and I at the beer and bagel run...clearly Sasquatch was there.)

I also had to remind myself that I have a series of awesome facials coming up and a consultation with a woman who sells gluten free makeup. Progress takes time. It requires patience and TONS of self love. Even though I am trying to take off just a few more pounds, I'm getting back to the place where I felt comfortable in my own skin for the first time in my life. I have to look in the mirror and remind myself I am loved. Even though I have acne, I am beautiful. And so are you.




Honestly, you have to love yourself first. You have to take care of you.

I just went a followed a ton of boards on 'Body Positive', it will be a great daily reminder to love me for me. Follow all the boards! Love you for you! I love you! 



Blessings, 
A

Comments